I awoke this morning to overcast skies and the opportunity awaits for perhaps a drink from the heaven-lies later today. OH YES LORD! But as I came for a drink from God's word I found myself soaking in Mark 4. Parables galore and many opportunities to ponder, to reflect upon what it was and still today is that Jesus desired to teach us.
This side of heaven, most of us face day to day storms in our lives. Some we know about, many we do not. Why? Often times simply because of how we choose to live out those storms, other times because we aren't secure in our relationship with our Abba due to a lacking on our part of the relationship. Trusting God or trusting in ourselves. Yet other times we do know about each others storms because we unite and ask one another for prayers.
Jesus spoke to his disciples in the boat something that this morning I found very profound. "And he asked the, 'Why are you so afraid? Do you still not have faith in me?' " Mark 4:40 NLT
Father God, Thank You that in Ecclesiastes You tell me that a three cord stand cannot be broken. Thank You for Matthew 15:25 "Lord, help me!". Thank You for Jeremiah 32:17 "O Sovereign Lord!" "Nothing is too hard for you!". And thank You Father for the one that said, help me with my unbelief. Lord, May today, in the midst of the storms of life may Your lips state, ah, she/he has faith in Me. Thank You Lord, for calming me (us) in the midst of the raging waters. In Jesus Christ's Name, Amen.
Lovingly at Higher Grounds with Jesus,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Hi Yolanda,
This is a great post. Storms are constantly blowing in and out of our lives, knowing how to handle them and grow our faith in the midst of them is so important.
Going through my own storm as my oldest daughter goes in for 3 MRI's tomorrow. Please pray the results are clear! Her name is Brittany.
Love,
Sonya Lee
Oh yes, Lord!
It's through those storms that we realize He is the Master of the wind.
Sonya Lee, I read your comment and will be praying for your daughter Brittany as she goes through tests.
It's hard when our kids are hurting in any way.
God bless!
Love,
Valerie
I love the way you put that, "she has faith in Me." I want Him to say that, very much. Thank you for the interesting perspective.
Wonderful post, Yolanda...thanks for sharing! :)
So thankful that He is the Master of the winds and the waves--in my life and in yours. Storms are part of our journey on this earth. I'm just thankful to know the Master of the Storm.
Leah
Yolanda,
Something tells me more storms are just on the horizon in today's world. If we don't have faith in Jesus we will become like the disciples that panic over the stormy seas.
Whereas when we rest with Jesus, we have peace beyond understanding so much so that we can sleep while others panic.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
we're studying mark now in our special church-wide study...
we get refined in the fire and through the storms...
his promises hold us up thru them!
good post
Jesus alone is our anchor, and He is ready to keep us from drifting to high seas when the storms come. Thank you for this post and for sharing your heart with us.
Love
Lidj
Why are you so afraid? Do you still not have faith in me?' " Mark 4:40 NLT
It's a verse I need today and everyday but especially now. Thank you!
A good question to ask of ourselves in the midst of our storms ... why are we so afraid? Do we not yet believe?
I'm afraid I would have waked him also; he, in turn, would still rebuke the wind ... despite my lack of understanding in the matter. He can't help but be God.
A beautiful "fit" with my heart this day.
peace~elaien
I haven't paused to tell you lately how much I love your words. Your gift of knowing just how to say it and bringing us the perfect verses...God is using your blog to bless others.
Love, Laura
lol my word verification is GRATIO...I guess that's sorta like grateful?
The strong voice of Jesus calmed the storm then, and I believe it does now. Pray is one way to access his voice, Bible reading and prayer. You may have given me a sermon idea here! Thanks.
Thanks for the comments on Family Fountain, too, and the book suggestions. I lost my mom about the same time you lost yours. That's a strane feeling transition in life, when we start losing our parents.
Praising Him, that nothing is too hard for Him.
You know where I am at in my journey sweet friend and this was a great post today for my spirit. Glad I didn't get on the computer until today to read it.
Continue to lift me up as I know you will and save some of that marmalade - maybe we can get up a roadtrip down the pike.
Yolanda, thanks for being the means for pointing me constantly to the ONE who is the "Master of the sea" and Who can see us through the storms or take us out of them!
Please pray for my daughter who will be having surgery on Friday.
Thanks!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Oh - that verse about:
"Lord, Help Thou mine UNbelief" [KJV].....
because just when I think I trust Him fully - He shows me that I'm holding something back out of fear.
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I DELIGHT In]
I couldn't find your E-mail again to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. I'm behind on my reading, so I'll have to come back and read this post this weekend. Congrats!
Post a Comment