"My purpose in writing is simply this: that you who believe in God's Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life, the reality and not the illusion. And how bold and free we then become in his presence, freely asking according to his will, sure that he's listening. And if we're confident that he's listening, we know that what we've asked for is as good as ours." 1 John 5:13-15 Message
I wonder how many of us come to God through Jesus Christ BOLD and FREE? I know that there have been times that I'm pretty wimpy with my requests. Why? Perhaps I really don't think that God can change the situation? Perhaps I know that I have a part in why He isn't answering because I'm asking with a wrong heart or motive? Perhaps I know that I'm not honestly asking according to His will? Perhaps I don't believe that He is listening to me and my petitions?
I'm telling you from my own journey over the past 10 years that I come to Him very bold and free this morning with my prayer requests because I truly believe with all my heart that He has forgiven me, that He does care about me and I hunger...oh how I hunger, to be in His will. Often times, actually probably 90 plus percent of the time I simply ask Him for HIS PERFECT WILL because I know that I know HIS WAY IS BEST!
Father, thank You for calling me Your own. Thank You for the forgiveness of my sins. Thank You for listening to me and answering in Your time with Your Best for my petitions. Father, thank You for placing a hunger deep with-in me to know You more and more. That a surface relationship is not enough for me, I want the deep things of You. Father, I pray that what You have revealed to me will cause another to be bold and free with their own requests and that they would also BELIEVE and be confident that You are listening. Thank You Jesus for opening that door to communicate with my heavenly Father. Amen.
Lovingly from the valley to the mountain top to the valley at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yolanda, I have felt so down today, But then I read your post and what a blessing! You will never know how much you mean to me girl! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye
AMEN..Isn't it awesome to know GOD truly does forgive and wipes it away! He desires for us to be whole, complete, and happy servants in HIS kingdom.
Hugs, andrea
Another wonderful post. I, too, strive to be in God's perfect will for me...but I often ask for what I want instead of what God wants for me. I'm learning and each day gets just a little bit easier...isn't He good? :)
Love you!
God's perfect will....ah, to always be in the center of it. That is my desire and I know it is yours as well.
Lovely post, my friend.
Leah
OH I love your stuff! You ar so right here and my week proves it even more:) BLessings!
Yolanda,
I always get a word from your posts and I just love that I can actually "hear" you saying it! I know you! I really know you!!!
Love you so much my friend,
PS - Your highlighter is on it's way....
I come to the throne boldly too! I know that I am forgiven and that my Father is listening. I can't always sort out my prayers, how much faith it accompanying them, etc., but I am always faithful to bring my heart before the Lord, and therein, find some peace.
So glad to have access to the God of all creation. He is everything to me!
peace~elaine
All I can say is AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!
Bless your lovely heart Yolanda!
Vickie
Oh, sweet friend! This was good...I mean good!!! Thank you! And, I looked at the first picture on your blog, and thought, "My goodness, that girl with Yolanda looks so familiar!!" How precious! YOu have pictures with the Moore girls! I am thrilled that y'all had such a wonderful time in Texas! And the BBQ--yum!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love you!
Susan
Yolanda, I do have to say that you always inspire me to seek "Higher Grounds" with our Lord Jesus!
God bless you my Friend!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Amen, amen and amen! I am so thankful that He is listening - always - 24/7 - never off duty! Hallelujah!
Post a Comment