JESUS!!!
I and around 500 other women traveled over the weekend to Houston, Texas because GOD, Beth Moore, Amanda, Melissa and the entire LPM team blessed us for having committed and followed through with scripture memorization in 2009. 24 scriptures that the Holy Spirit laid upon our hearts being recited on Saturday morning just about did me in, amazing!!
My mind is still just reeling and processing as no one was a stranger Friday evening and Saturday. There was more huggin' and lovin' going on this past weekend than my body ever deserves, but I lapped it up Sweet Ones, oh yes I DID! I had honestly only met one of the ladies that was in attendance and that was my room-mate. She and I met in July after we both found out that we would be vacationing in Colorado with our own families. God amazed us as we would be with-in about 15 miles of one another and we HAD to meet. Beth and I have become such good buddies!! She encourages me and we simply do life together.
I also in June was to have met up with a Siesta from London that just happened to be in Washington, DC the same time I was there for a quick trip with a friend that was taking two day classes. It was the same time of the Metro subway crash and we weren't able to make contact due to transportation. BUT oh did Maria Cristina and I ever make up for it in HOUSTON!!! Don't you just love that name, Maria Cristina?
Then of course several of the ladies that I have come to love right here at Higher Grounds met up with me and I with them. THANK YOU LORD FOR PRECIOUS SISTERS THAT LOVE YOU and are vulnerable!!!
Memorizing 26 scriptures (yes, I'm a little OCD, just a little; if 24 is good for a body then 26 will be so much better!!!) has been one of the very best things that I have ever done for myself.
Beth taught us from Psalm 119, and in case you didn't know it, there are 176 verses. I'm pretty sure that those of us that were in attendance, will never forget that there are 176 verses in Psalm 119. ;-)
I spent the weekend with two Beth's, what MOORE could you ask for? WINK!
Here are a few pictures from the blessings of persevering in 2009. Ladies at LPM and FBC Church family in Houston, thank YOU for allowing us to come and be a part of the Scripture Memory Team Celebration.
Here are a few pictures from the blessings of persevering in 2009. Ladies at LPM and FBC Church family in Houston, thank YOU for allowing us to come and be a part of the Scripture Memory Team Celebration.

After church services on Sunday prior to my plane leaving taking me back to Amarillo to then drive 3 1/2 hours to Ulysses, KS; as well as Debbie and Lisa catching their flight back to Indiana, us three women had us some FINE Texas bbq at Pappa's. Here is a picture of us before church in the Sanctuary at FBC Houston. Debbie, Lisa, Beth and I enjoyed a late lunch on Saturday at Pappaito's, then off to Lifeway and OF COURSE...Starbucks. Lisa and I have blogged for about a year and she is such a woman of God.

27 comments:
It was so sweet to meet YOU, and thank you for the goodie bag! Great post! Yes, it was the most wonderful weekend!
I love this post, Yolanda! This weekend was so amazing!!
Girl you KNOW I LOVE you! I can almost still smell the BBQ goodness. What a time we had! I cannot wait until the next time God allows us to get together again. You bless me and honor me with your friendship!
WOW. Sounds like quite the adventure. Thanks for sharing with us.
Blessings and hugs,
andrea
Oh Oh Oh! I wish I could have been there! I would have loved to meet you in person! Thank you for sharing!
Oh how exciting for each of you. So glad you all got to spend some awesome God time together. Blessings, SusanD
Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you I know your heart is full! Praise the LORD!!!
Wylie
Oh how I hated it to end! I could still be sitting on that bed in the Hotel and disecting God's Word with you my friend. What a rich time we had in Him.
Love you to the moon and???? never back....
Beth
Oh - you know how happy I am for both you and Beth H. to have spent time together again and then for you both to 'meet and greet' Miss Mama Beth! So precious that the Lord allowed that personal time with all of you together seems like just a little taste of heaven to me. The only thing better is JESUS will be there!! But I know He was in Houston with all of you ladies since He lives in those precious hearts of yours! Only His love can draw perfect strangers to love on one another like that!
Blessings in the overflow,
Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010
I'm so glad I got to meet you in person this weekend!
Sorry it was so quick!
Love,
Angie xoxo
I loved this post, with all the pictures and the stories, and the great scripture memory journey that you did for 2009.
Wow, I love reading real life stories on blogs, more than the preachy stuff that some bloggers sometimes love to write about.
This was so much fun! Thanks for sharing.
I was glad to see another blog friend, Lisa!
Love
Lidj
Sounds like I missed a wonderful time. Thank you for the pictures. It helps those of us who couldn't be there feel a part.
Leah
I think this post is awesome in that you were able to meet so many of your blogging friends! Wow! I hope our day comes:)
Wow Yolanda, you guys seems to have a wonderful time. sounds really exciting.
Thank you so much for sharing. I love your enthusiasm and the pictures.
thank you
blessings,
Vickie
Yolanda... What a wonderful gift that you were able to go. Hoping that the next gathering will be during the warmer months when the real estate market isn't so down! Then maybe I can go! LOL
I love the pictures...especially the one of you and Beth - the look on her face is priceless... what were you two talking about!
Hugs my friend!
K
I love this recap, Yolanda!! :) thank you.. and oh I am so humbled and feel so blessed to have finally met you!! :)) God bless you abundantly!!! mmmwah!
Yolanda, I LOVE that God blessed you with such a wonderful reward after memorizing so much of His Word. I'm so happy for you and the Siestas! Looks like such a special time.
Oh how FUN!! And to get an opportunity to meet Beth Moore and room with your best blogging buddy is icing on top of icing!
I have looked at your blog from time to time and always enjoy reading what you are up to. I have not blogged as much as I should. Something I will be working on. I was looking to see how many faces I would recognize but did not see you. Thanks for typing a note on my blog. I hope to meet you at the next Siesta event! What a wonderful time we all had. Many blessings to you - Lori
Hey Girl! It was sooo great to see you this weekend!! You are just too sweet!
I am going to be a guest speaker on Tricia Goyer's radio show "Living Inspired" this Thursday, Jan.28th 4-5 EST!! Margaret McSweeney will be the guest host!! I would love to have you listen in...there is even a time where you can call in and ask questions!! I would LOVE to hear from you while on air!! This could be pretty interesting as it is a LIVE show....and well, if you know me, you just never know how a LIVE show with me will go!! There won't be a dull moment I can promise you that!!
Click HERE to listen in....or if that time doesn't work for you, then come at your convenience and listen to the podcast!!
Hope you can make it :)
What a blessing to meet you Yolanda! I knew the moment I saw you who you were from your precious picture. You are a gentle spirit. What a treat to finally meet! Your kind words just blessed me, thank you sweet siesta!
I was tickled to hear that we both memorized Ephesians 3:20 & 21 and have been on a similar weight loss journey! I look forward to getting to know you better - I clicked to follow but my picture did not come up - not sure why, I may need to give it another try.
Sweet blessings to you Yolanda!
Looks like you had such a wonderful time Yolanda!! God is so good!
Your pictures are all fantastik! I loved getting to see them!
ADORED meeting you! Wasn't it amazing! Wish we were doing it all over again! Have a blessed evening!
Emmy : )
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so sorry that I didn't get to talk to you at the SSMT Celebration. I often see your comments at my friend Sheryl's PERCH so I feel like I know you.
What a great time in Houston!
Linda
Lexington KY
Yolanda! It was so good to meet you in person! I really wanted to be sure to meet you - and God blessed us, didn't He? What a moment!
You are a precious woman and I thank you for my sweet gift too - how thoughtful you are!
Love and blessing to you sweet friend,
Georgia Jan
GOD IS GOOD!!! Glad you and everyone had a wonderful time. Love you dear sister and your on fire heart for the LORD!!
What a great post..Loved hearing about the weekend..I so wanted to be at the Siesta event but we had planned a family vacation for the same week.
Post a Comment