Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beauty in the jungle

Several days ago we went for a walk in the light rain and I am so thankful that I had grabbed my camera prior to walking out the door.



As we walked passed this and I took my picture, I instantly thought about how our world is like a jungle and we don't know what is creeping near us to get us off the narrow path. Yet what truly I didn't see until I downloaded this picture was the one striking beautiful foliage that is totally different than the rest, due to it's color. Did you notice it at first glance? What beauty!



More importantly that is what you and I should be doing with our world. Making a difference often times simply by being in the picture. How does one do that, you might be asking?



1. Accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior.



2. Praying.



3. Reading, dissecting, studying and ingesting the Word of God.



4. Listening for that still small voice of the Holy spirit to guide you and lead you.



5. Obedience.



1 Peter 3:3-5a NIV: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." Isn't this a beautiful example from God's word of what He had put on my heart? I honestly believe, that when you and I allow this to be played out with-in us, then others will be drawn to us. We can change our world, one simple act at a time.



Father, I pray that when we arise each morning that others see the beauty that YOU have poured into us because of investing our time and self in Your presence. I pray that we stand out and bring a true vibrant color into each and every day. That others will be drawn to us and allow themselves to then become a vibrant color, having beauty in their own days. Lord, You are the reason behind the beauty in the jungle that we know as planet earth today. Thank You for being our ALL. Amen.


With love at Higher Grounds,

Yolanda

12 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN...I pray others see Christ in me in this jungle.
Hugs, andrea

Warren Baldwin said...

Great point to go with a great photo.

Leah Adams said...

Just jealous...with a godly jealousy of your tropical surroundings.

I pray that others see Jesus when they look at me. I also pray that I make a difference in the lives of those around me.
Leah

Runner Mom said...

Amen! Love this, sweet friend. I pray that others see Him in me (and my deep dark hair!) in the business of life.

Hugs!
Susan

Lora said...

Amen! Yolanda, I'm so glad you took your camera with you on your walk. A walk in the light rain sounds wonderful to me. And your picture is lovely.

Yes LORD - thank You for being our all.

Love you dear one. Sweet blessings to you.

Beth Herring said...

oh, yes sweet friend. We need to stand out among the foilage and be bold and vibrant!

love you so - beth

Vickie said...

Beautiful Yolanda, just beautiful, both the pic and the post.

Thank you
Vickie

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yes! The red flower was the first thing I saw when I looked at the picture! Beautiful photo by the way! I loved how you related this to how our lives should be a bright spot in this dark world. Great words today my friend!!

Love ya,

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Laura said...

What a beautiful picture, Yo. Looks like a pretty cool place to meet with God.

Tracy said...

Amen, Amen! Makes me think of the song Beautiful by Bethany Dillon. Praise God HE makes us beautiful when we let Him. May it be so! Blessings to you this day.
Love & prayers,
Tracy

Deborah Ann said...

I love how you instantly give the credit for this beauty to God! That is the heart of a true believer!

Love the jungle too...

prashant said...

Great point to go with a great photo.
data entry work from home