Have you ever been in a situation and you knew it wasn't pleasing to God? I'm wrestling with myself at the moment due to some conversation that I found myself having to be a part of. What I'm thankful over is that the language was not flowing from our lips but from others. We live in a very colorful world, don't we, when it comes to words spoken? Perhaps even more so when you are not in your normal territory?
A few days ago in my bible study time I came across this scripture in the NIV:
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Cor 10:13.
Isn't the cursing common to man? Isn't that a temptation for many?
This particular scripture of many that morning really sunk in and I am thankful to have come across it as I found myself being tested yesterday. I had also taken the time to look at this passage from the ESV at that time and it just rocks!!
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man.(A) God is faithful, and(B) he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Did you see it? Would you just look at that! GOD IS FAITHFUL and HE PROVIDES THE WAY OF ESCAPE! I wrote on my bible, THE GREAT ESCAPE. I'm so thankful that I can take God at His word 100 percent, 24/7/365. So what did God do in His Faithfulness and Provision in this mixed company? He gave me an ounce of boldness asking the person to not speak using that word. I also pointed out that he doesn't hear us using that language, not even Bill. This morning I've asked God to cause this particular person to want to be more like us because of the Light of Christ. That we would not succumb to temptation and and remember that He will provide the way of escape!
I'm not sure what it is that you are needing an escape route over today in your own life, but believe me, God has your back and He has the map all planned out. Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and when you lay your head down this evening, you can rest well knowing that you not only endured, but that you escaped!
Abba Father, thank You for being faithful. Thank You for being the master of each and every single one of the Great Escapes. That nothing is too large or too small in Your eyes and that You have every situation under control. That we would position ourselves to follow Your lead. Lord, when we miss it, I pray that we would be quick to repent and turn the opposite direction. Finding ourselves resting knowing that either we were obedient or that we had repented due to missing the mark. Thank You Father, for a brand new day and a new slate. In our Savior's Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Following after The One who directs The Great Escape,
Yolanda
PS: Not to long ago, I found myself in a situation and I kept sensing that I was to be quiet. To not say anything. The cool thing is that I had just memorized Psalm 141:3 NIV Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. I believe with all of my heart that God provided THE WAY OF ESCAPE and I came away from the situation pleased as punch that God kept me from saying something that would make the situation much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I love this & pray that verse about the guard over my mouth before I lead bible study or enter into meetings/conversations. I pray that I will say what is pleasing to God & what He would have me say & that He would give me discernment to stop from saying anything that could be harmful to the Kingdom.
I know it is not easy to tell someone to stop using offensive language. I had to do it recently & God totally graced the whole thing. It turned out to not be such a big deal & the person agreed & stopped saying it when we spoke.
Have a blessed weekend Yolanda!
Wylie
Yolanda, As always, thank you for this great post! Yes, it is great how God helps us put those verses to practice! Have a wonderful weekend. I hope the weather is as nice for you as it is here today.
Amen, sister! Praise God for the gift of courage to speak up in situations like that. He inded has our backs. I've also (like you) often praised Him for the restraint He puts over mine when I soooo need it. Oh that we (I) will be always faithful in heeding His still small voice at times like this.
Blessings to you, sweet friend! I'm THRILLED to see you were honored among the top 100 Christian blogs...could not agree more! = )
Love,
Tracy
This is awesome Yolanda!! Love that you applied His Word to your life. Continue to trust and believe Him for He'll never lie to us.
love to you! Have fun!! And Alivia says hello, but not happy you didn't take her with you. LOL :)
I blew it today - driving to church no less.... Kids were fighting and snipping at each other, and all of a sudden, I just boiled over and screamed at them to stop. Truly horrible way for me to behave. Sigh. I'm going to memorize this scripture and rely on it next time.
Love and hugs,
Adrienne
Wonderful post today my Friend! So comforting to KNOW that God is faithful....always! We can depend on Him for all we need.
Love ya,
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Great post, Yolanda!!
Thanking Him for His Living Word and Divine ways of escape!!
He is Faithful!!
Luv, Hugs and Sweet Blessings!
Jackie
You are speaking truth dear sister! Amen! I love you and congratulations on the Top 100. To God be all the glory.
Keep living and writing for JESUS. You are special to my heart. Praying God's covering over you always.
Great reminder! I think I need it once a day!
I have been right here before my friend. There are times to speak up and then there are definitely times that I should have been quiet and wasn't.
Love you so!
I loved what you wrote at the end about sensing to be still - be quiet and not say anything. Oh - that spoke big time to this sister!
When I follow that discerning Spirit when God gives it - and I PRAY instead of speaking - it releases the power that GOD is doing in whatever situation is there. I can just pray and watch GOD work it all out for His glory and purpose!
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
Oh sweet friend... how I need an escape route right now from a furnace issue we have been dealing with. It's been an issue that has caused much conflict, anxiety and pressure. I am angry with the installer - and we know him personally.
I have had to really show restraint and not lash out at this person. I don't want my anger to result in behavior that is not God pleasing. It's been tough as we have been without a properly working furnace for several weeks.
Please pray that we make the right decisions.
I love this Yolanda. Remembering to look for that way of escape in times of temptation.
Thanks for the reminder that He has my back. :)
Scriptures that are so needful for every one of us!In fact, I referred to Psalm 141 last night at Bible study. Dear Father, protect me from myself. Thanks for this, Yolanda. And thanks for checking in with me today.
peace~elaine
it is great how God helps us put those verses to practice! Have a wonderful weekend. I hope the weather is as nice for you
indian classified site
Post a Comment