Saturday, March 20, 2010

He isn't finished with me yet....

I awoke this morning needing to go before the Lord with those issues that haunted and taunted me in the early morning hours. I'm so thankful that I have direct access and that I don't have to go through "man" to have a chat with Father God. Aren't you?



Anyway, I grabbed my fresh cup of coffee and sat at the lanai watching these huge waves come crashing in. It was like Hawaii Five-O all night long, all over again from the days of my youth on our little black and white television in the early 70's. By the time I was done talking and listening to God, I grabbed my camera and made my way down to the ocean.

One of my 2010 scriptures that I am memorizing came to my mind yesterday as I went with two friends to the Fresh Fish Market.
When we walked in and up to the counter to my right was a young man filleting a nice size Mahi-Mahi with these huge knives. I asked if I could take a picture and they told me to walk behind the counter and get up close. I love friendly people that get a kick out of my hunger to learn new things and try new things.




My scripture for March 1st was Hebrews 4:12 NIV:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Bear with me as I put these two thoughts together along with my early morning dreams and quiet time. I was needing a bath in God's word as my thoughts were not aligning with the thoughts God has for us. I needed a good cleaning from my stinkin' thinkin' due to my thoughts and the attitudes of my heart. That to become more like Christ, I need to be in the vastness (ocean) of His Word allowing it to tumble me and tumble me (ocean) to surface polished and smooth. I also need to allow His Word to fillet me similar to the butcher at the fish market. So often we only allow His Word to penetrate the top layer of us, but we need to be turned over and allow the double-edge to take effect and get to the DEEP LAYERS.



**Mr. Butcher had filleted one side and flipped over the fish and was filleting the other side.




Father, Thank You for visuals that cause me to see Your Truths in a deeper way. To apply what I learn to my daily living and to come out on the other side with the renewing of my mind. Changed for the better, because You dwell with-in me. Lord, thank You for continuing to tumble me and fillet me as I know You are not finished with me yet. Amen? AMEN!


Lovingly with a heart to continue on-wards to Higher Grounds,

Yolanda

18 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

What a great post and how God used this to get to the root of His message to you today. I love it when it smooths out my rough spots and like Mr. Butcher, removes those parts of me, that don't benefit me or anyone else any longer and can be tossed away, leaving behind only what is useful and good!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Suzanne - Daughter of the King said...

Yolanda - so many of us have been struggling with our thought life. Some are tumbling and struggling against what the Lord is trying to do (me included at times) and they fight so much they are drowning. First, thank you for a thoughtful and God directed post. Second, thank you for being transparent so that we may see that we are not alone in this time.

God Bless.

-Suzanne

Loren said...

What an amazing post Yolanda....

"So often we only allow His Word to penetrate the top layer of us, but we need to be turned over and allow the double-edge to take effect and get to the DEEP LAYERS"

this speaks VOLUMES!! I needed this tonight! thankyou!
Have a blessed weekend!

Patrinas Pencil said...

you put those together beautifully. I like the double-edged sword part - cut through to the deep layers of a matter. He sure isn't finished with me yet either, Yolanda. But as Joyce says, "thanks God I'm not where I used to be."

Thanks for yur word picture today.

Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Deborah Ann said...

Ah...beautiful place to be today! You are so blessed with your surroundings, hope you know that! God is certainly being extra good!

Vickie said...

This is so beautiful Yolanda.
Immediately it made me think of a statement my teacher made at bible school yesterday. She said, "Don't fight thoughts with thoughts, (don't keep on thinking) you fight them with the word of God."
God's word does it like nothing else will.

Blessings
Vickie

sister sheri said...

Wonderful thoughts, today... loving the connection between the ocean and the vastness of God!

Kelli said...

Hi Yolanda! So great to meet other Siestas from the LPM blog world. Thanks for stopping by to say hi. I really enjoyed reading your testimony. Your heart for the Word is AMAZING and a true testimony to me! Thank you for encouraging me today!

Denise J. Hughes said...

Wow. This post is rich with poignant metaphors like taking a "bath in God's Word" and allowing His Word to "fillet" us. I like the way you think. And I love Hebrews 4:12. Blessings to you today.

Leaon Mary said...

What a wonderful verse Yolanda.
I too loved the visual of the fish...

I keep thinking of what you said about having direct access to beable to just go to God and ohhh how I'm thankful for that.

You are such a blessing dear friend.
Love ya...
Lea

Laura said...

That is deep! I love when God brings things together so clearly like this. Wonderful images.

Beth Herring said...

oh, Yolanda - what a fabulous post! I was just taken in by the imagery and I so desire those deep layers! I want Him to cut deep and then I want Him to penetrate deep as well!

Love you so so so so so much!
(I'd even get on a plane to see you!)

TRUTH SHARER said...

This was great! What a great way to see that verse in action!

Enjoy your time there!

Love you, Stephanie
[seeking with you - JESUS ONLY in 2010]

LisaShaw said...

Dearest Yolanda, I could sit right here on this post for an hour and still be gleaning something!

Thank you for taking the time to process your thoughts and hearts to us through the Word of God. Loved the photos too! I know that fish is good!!!

GOD is so amazing! He indeed is not finished with us yet! Amen!

Love you sister.

Warren Baldwin said...

Good metaphor. I've played on the idea of being "pierced" by the Spirit but not being filleted! But it fits. Good post.

Terri Tiffany said...

You are back in Hawaii? It seems like you just went! I hope your time is wonderful!

sanjeet said...

, thank you for being transparent so that we may see that we are not alone in this time.
indian classified site

prashant said...

thank you for being transparent so that we may see that we are not alone in this time.
data entry work from home