Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Refusing to allow Satan the opportunity to steal my joy!

Stepping out for God and stepping INTO the life Christ died for me to have. Is that RISKY business? ABSOLUTELY!!!

I'm just about to get extremely vulnerable and risky; but for the past 24 hours God keeps pressing in for me to share with you and the world.

Last Thursday I traveled to Colorado Springs with a friend for a Women's Leadership Training Conference. Then on both, Friday evening and Saturday morning we met up with 17 other women that we study God's word with here in Ulysses during the school season. We attended a Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore. It was an awesome time of being refreshed and allowing the Holy Spirit to fan to flame a desire with-in each one of us.

As we journeyed back towards home, I was leaving a small Colorado community when one of "our" cell phones beeped. Guess who's? Yes, MINE! So I easily became distracted and when I looked up into the rear-view mirror, there was two officers in a Highway Patrol car with the lights flashing. "Ok, Girls, just giving a heads up but I'm being pulled over, and I'm sure it was for speeding. I'm going to be extremely honest with them." Now, I had no idea IF I was speeding, but I know for just a few moments, my mind became consumed on what it shouldn't have been.

There are several lessons here in this post. First is, who distracts us? SATAN! Second, honesty is a must walking this life as a BELIEVER. Third, I will no longer drive out of town with my cell phone on. I will turn it to silence. There is no call that is that important! Not even an emergency, for I could just have easily found myself in an emergency of my own by having had an accident. I praise God for this warning!

Now, the officer asked for my driver's license and my vehicle insurance card. OH YEAH....no card in my car. They both were extremely stern, yet very kind. And I praise God for that also! I received only a ticket for going 46 in a 35 speed limit area. The officers informed me to please call the Court when they were in session as I might be eligible for a deferral. Aso sharing with me that they believed me concerning having insurance and simply asked that when I arrived back home, to place the insurance card in my vehicle. GRACE!!!! Thank ya Jesus! Honestly, I prayed for favor as the two officers were in their vehicle. God blessed me with favor right then, it's called, GRACE!

I praise GOD that He gives us a deferral, He wipes our slates clean. Isaiah 1:18 NIV "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Here are a few really good promises from God about our slates being clean. Psalm 103:12 NIV "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Jeremiah 31:32-34 Message "This is the brand-new covenant that I will make with Israel when the time comes. I will put my law within them—write it on their hearts!—and be their God. And they will be my people. They will no longer go around setting up schools to teach each other about God. They'll know me firsthand, the dull and the bright, the smart and the slow. I'll wipe the slate clean for each of them. I'll forget they ever sinned!' God's Decree." Psalm 32:1 Message "Count yourself lucky, how happy you must be— you get a fresh start, your slate's wiped clean."

I called this morning asking about a deferral as these men had urged me to do as I thought that I had a ticket around 10 years ago. The clerk today looked in the system, and it's been way longer than that, so much so....that it doesn't show up on my record at all. Therefore, I'm a perfect candidate for a deferral. PRAISE GOD....GOD'S FAVOR once again! GRACE! MERCY! Getting what I simply did not deserve.

I do believe the enemy was trying to get me off track, riled up, anxious, etc due to spending some quality time with God at the conferences and with all of us from the Community bible study being a LIGHT in Colorado Springs. Satan is under my feet and he did NOT get me off track. I could have easily cried, told the two Highway Patrol men that I can't do this, etc. Hallelujah! I was calm and respectful to these Officers and I believe it is all due to Jesus living in my heart. When I got home Saturday evening as I crawled into bed, I praised God because I didn't allow Satan to trip me up nor steal my joy!

Let's give Him, Father God, some praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Paula V said...

Praise be to Jesus. He showered you with His grace through this entire ordeal.
Praise You, Jesus!
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Whoo~Hoo! Shout to the Lord, girlfriend! :)

Grace abounds!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Kelley said...

Great post Yolanda, I am glad all worked out and you were able to share this lesson. God is sooo good!!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Gotta lov those cops...I'm glad it worked out! You have to tell us more about the Beth Moore conference-share!!

In His Graces~Pamela

ps-I loved the commonet you left on my post about not sharing in God's glory. How ture!!!!! Thank you!

Paula V said...

Yolanda,
Did you change your photo on this blog?

Paula V said...

I thought you look significantly thinner...NOT that you weren't before but I can really tell in your cheeks. I thought I saw braces but didn't remember if they were there in the previous picture!

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sure you are enjoying that as every woman would/does.