Saturday, June 21, 2008

How can one say, "There is not a God"?

If you have read the last Higher Grounds titled " Jesus, thrills me like no other!", then you are very aware that Bill and I traveled to Alaska last week. WOW-what a trip!

Isaiah 29:14a NIV "Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder". We both saw wonder upon wonder, things that we have never seen before. If you know me any at all, it is extremely easy for me to be touched. I watched some of the "video" of our vacation that Bill filmed this week, and the tears just ran. In the filming of our vacation, un-beknownst to me that he would be doing so, I would be praising and thanking God for what He has given each of us. THE SPLENDOR OF HIS MAJESTY! Two quotes I received this week from Our Daily Bread sums this up: "God gives blessing to us so we can give glory to Him." "All creation sings God's praise."



We discussed many times with Ron & Carolyn in Alaska, how can anyone question whether there is a God or not? Just look around you, right where you live. What do you see, that just takes your breath away? That woos your heart? That causes you to utter, ONLY GOD.

I made a very short list from a very quick trip that I would like to share with you:

Glaciers Whales Bald Eagles Caribou Bear/cub Snow capped mountains Ocean

And other's that came to my mind:

Plains of Kansas Grand Canyon Face of a newborn infant Newborn animal
Face of an aging relative/friend Fields of grain

I'm sure by this point, you are coming up with your own list. GLORY TO GOD!!!!

Isaiah 41: 17-20 NIV

17 "The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.

18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.

19 I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together,

20 so that people may see and know,

may consider and understand,

that the hand of the LORD has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

Did you see that in verse 20, THAT THE HAND OF THE LORD HAS DONE THIS, THAT THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL HAS CREATED IT. Breathtaking.



I wanted to save a very precious moment/gift I had for the end of this posting.

James 1:17 NIV "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."


I do believe, I had the sweetest conversation with a beautiful young girl. Bill and I were "resting" while Ron & Carolyn walked over to a water-fall at the Mendenhall Glacier, sitting on a park bench when a young, petite girl walked right around Bill and came to sit beside me. Out of no where....just happy as a lark. She sat down and started talking like we were long lost friends. She was beautiful in my eyes, and spoke such perfect English.

I began to question her finding out that she was born in Bulgaria to the Gypsy "tribe". Her name is Danka, meaning little donkey. But she was adopted into a loving home when she was two and moved to Utah. If you care to know, she was adamant that she lives with a very obnoxious dog. (WAY TO FUNNY TO WATCH HER TELL THIS STORY). Her name in America is Kristen and in her native Bulgarian language, that means "snuggle me". I said to her, oh, I want to snuggle you and she gave me the best deepest loving long hug you ever saw with a smile that reached clear across Alaska. Yep, to my heart it was THAT big. Her Mom by that time had come over and I looked right into this 10 year olds eyes and said, "You know what? Jesus made you just perfect!" She loved that. I do believe that she and I entertained angels that day, don't you?







Hebrews 13:2 "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

5 comments:

Technonana said...

What a beautiful post!!! God is indeed everywhere!!! So sad that many miss that!!! Keep pointing Him out!!!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

What a blessed moment God gave you with that little girl!! Lve how He works in that way!!
Keep sharing friend!

In His Graces~Pamela

Samantha said...

That is so wonderful :D It's incredible to here how God moves through the world, even when we're on vacation at the tippy-top of it!

If you aren't opposed, I'm going to link to you from my blog. For the few people who ever visit it, I would love it if they could find their way to your blog and hear your words. You are truly a woman of God, and it shines right through!

Blessings,
Sam

Kristen said...

Only God could link a little Bulgarian Girl w/ an American girl in the wilds of Alaska! He is an AWESOME GOD!

I love that I share a name w/ her! Those big brown eyes - what I am sure they have seen in her 10 young years.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Had to come back and as I re-read your post I kept humming the song "How Great that Art"...I have been singing that a lot lately!!

Blessings!

In His Graces~Pamela