Do you ever find yourselves giving a suggestion to comfort and something you say, just hits you right between the eyes?
I have had an extremely heavy heart for others that are being faced with a difficult time in their marriages. I can so remember a time like that, but thank GOD not at this season in our lives. Sure, Bill and I don't always agree, but we no longer have those knock down, drag out, grab the boxing glove moments. Today I say to the enemy....NOT ON MY WATCH, YOU CAN NOT HAVE MY HUSBAND OR MY MARRIAGE, SO GET BACK JACK!
Ok, now that you've seen a dose of my spiritual warfare fighting paraphernalia (thank you Julie!), we can get back to business. I truly believe we need to have listening ears for ways to be praying for those men and women that God brings into our lives. Not only to be praying, but also to be comforting them because you or I actually may have walked that way before.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
Some thing that has brought tremendous comfort and WISDOM for me, is the simple little rule of pointing fingers. Why is it, that when there is a heated argument, we point fingers at the other one? Finger pointing, generally happens ESPECIALLY when there is a separation or divorce involved! When I am pointing fingers at another, there are THREE fingers pointing back at me. The same principle applies for you, so you may need to become more aware of that. Believe me, it surely does help squelch my judgmental attitude towards others, and truly humbles me. You see, we are so quick to judge and point fingers, and FORGET or OVER LOOK where we have been, or possibly find ourselves NOW. This causes us to realize that we aren't 100 percent innocent in the situation & to take some of the responsibility, if not all of it.
So I was gently suggesting to someone in a trial over their marriage to be praying and watch the finger pointing and I told this person, "I will be praying for both of you. I will pray that hearts be turned to love for one another, instead of backbiting, complaining and grumbling. No pointing fingers, except to say, THAT IS THE ONE I LOVE."
That hit me instantly and I knew that the Holy Spirit was speaking through me, and to me! I want to leave you with an encouragement for those that find themselves in a struggling season. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Cor 5:17 Meaning that God is in the business of recycling, so please don't give up on Him. No problem is to big for Him, and certainly not to small.
Sisters, give the enemy a strong talking to, and remind him that you ARE a child of God's and YOU have His power living on the inside of you. There will come a time, when this test will be turned into a testimony. Girlfriends, THAT IS THE ONE I LOVE! How about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank you, Yolanda. I love your analogy of when we point fingers, three are pointing back. I actually had to point my finger to see, yes they are indeed.
No problem is too big for Him. How true that is. I've share via email a little of my situation so you know this hits my heart. Not the pointing fingers part but that He indeed is not too small for Him to conquer my problems. He reinforced this to me, when I had an encounter on the holiday weekend and I was literally thrown into the pit. Things looked even more devastating but I stepped back and said literally: "For crying out loud, God put a man to sleep, took a rib, and created woman. He raised a dead man, His power part the sea. My God can do this. My God can soften a man's heart."
Yeap, that's what I said. I'm standing on solid ground and believing in HIM.
Thanks for this precious word.
Paula
I pray that the tests I must pass will become testimonies! And I praise God that I don't face the tests alone, but with Him!! The way that you follow Jesus and listen to His still, small voice is a testimony, also. I'm so glad that you're my Sister and Friend, and always there to comfort and encourage me!
I like that...it is so easy to point fingers...literally! I will remember this next time I feel inclined to do that, no matter who it is!!
Blessings!
In His Graces~Pamela
Good words. We have a fractured family temporarily living with us, mom and two kids---I knew it was hard for her---BUT the chaos that has erupted because of the marriage break---WOW. It's been a long road and it gets hard to not grow weary of encouraging her that the story is not yet fully written---that God is able to heal and restore. Oh to learn how to nip in the bud the beginnings of the destruction. There is a great need to take every thought captive and not allow anger to take root.
Great teaching Yolanda! It's so easy to cast blame, justify and accuse.
Asking God to search my heart and see if there be a wicked way in me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
Loved the truth of our tests becoming a testimony.
Blessings,
Joy
Yolanda, thank you for those words. I've been blogging about what God and I are walking through together. My husband has left and filed for divorce. I've been rebuking satan and telling people that I love and pray for my husband. Others want to tear him down for leaving us, but God has told me I am to have no part of that.
You are so right, that we are to comfort others in the way we have been comforted. Thank you for bringing some comfort into my life tonight.
-Sheryl
Post a Comment