Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nothing is to big or to small for God

I wanted an "idea" not for myself, but more for those that receive this Higher Grounds writing to understand/grasp the idea that they are not alone in what ever they are praying for. I wanted generalities not specifics for I did not and I do not want in their business. That is between them and God.

I was looking for something they have prayed over for days, months and possibly even years, not giving up, believing GOD for answered prayer. I wanted to encourage you that you are NOT alone in praying for something that you have not seen come to pass...yet. We don't always know why God hasn't answered our prayers but one thing I BELIEVE is that He does answer them. Sometimes they are a yes and sometimes they are a no and even still a "not yet". I also BELIEVE that He knows the big picture, and some things in my prayer concern may need some more "tweaking" either in me or the other person(s) involved. I know that God is God, and I am not. I know that He loves me, and He loves them. I know that I want Him in my life, strong, evident, and REAL. And honestly, I BELIEVE that no prayer is to large or small for Him, because He is the creator. From the ant to the elephant; molecule to the universe; baby to adult; both small & large.

Here are some of the answers I have received back via e-mail:

A Godly spouse for my child
His continued presence in my family
The correct job, or peace with my job
Healing in a relationship
Someone dear to me to leave the "gay" lifestyle
Forgiveness and healing in our church families
A new direction & purpose as we MATURE in aging and the discouragement we find in aging/health.
To see Him in my life
Strength & willpower to change our temples (self-control/denying self)
Finances
Stepping out in obedience to start a new "ministry" that will be in addition to a project my parents started in Africa
Schooling
Marriage
Children
Trust God
Strength for the task and the seemingly hard days aheadSalvation for all of my family and for the wanderers to return wholeheartedly to GodRevival
Peace
Being angry with life not going as one thought it should, to the point of being angry at God


As you read down through this list of prayer requests from my Sisters in Christ, how many of them did you read and say to yourself, "I sure stood (or am standing) on God's promises for this or that" . Or "wow, I didn't realize that some one else would have those concerns"?

I ask that you continue to pray and stand on the Promises of God. DO NOT GIVE UP! That still small Voice that spoke promises to your heart, those promises that you read in The Word of God, promises meant for you and for me, BELIEVE GOD FOR THEM!
Galatians 6:8-9 "The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." I know that this isn't talking about praying, specifically, but I do believe praying is sowing. With what ever it is we find ourselves continually praying over I want to challenge you with one other scripture to not give up....

Mark 10:27 NIV Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Sisters, I love you so, and so does Jesus Christ. If you haven't begun a personal relationship with Him, seek Him out! For heaven's sake, it is the most awesome thing I have ever done, and then....never ever give up for ALL things are possible WITH God. Lovingly, Yolanda

11 comments:

Paula V said...

Yolanda,
I concur and agree with everything you said. As I believe I've shared with you via email, I too AM believing God for the impossible.

Thanks for this post. I cannot read the scriptures enough that speak on beliving and receiving and nothing is impossible for God.
Love 2 U,
Paula

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Yolanda,

I love how you love Jesus! I love how you believe HIM and not only about HIM.

I thank you for allowing me into your Bible Study "No other gods".

I will be gone until next week so don't forget I'm coming back. I'll definitely see the world of "gods" in Las Vegas. What an eye opener. Pray that I will not show one ounce of "spiritual smug" while there for my daughter's wedding.

I need to e-mail you with her name on it.

Love in HIM,
Teri

Sheryl said...

Yolanda,

Love it! I am standing on the promise that HE wil bring beauty from ashes. Nobody is pushing me off my Rock.

Love,
Sheryl

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

The power of prayer!! My life is a witness to it-daily!!
Blessings friend!!

Did the "No Other God's" Bible study by e-mail/blogg get dropped? I saw you signed up "single" so did I....? Pray about it (I have already read the first two chapters. It's goin be good!).

In His Graces~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Yolanda,
AMEN!!!! I will be praying over all these things, too. That's another awesome thing about God. We don't have to know specifics or names, because He does!


Love,
Amanda

Joyful said...

"For in him every one of God's promises is a 'Yes'."
2 Corinthians 1:20

Standing on His promises,
Joy

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yolanda:
Praying for Judith this week over at "A Doxology in Darkness." She's a blogging friend I've met recently and is suffering with cancer. I know she would appreciate visits to her blog and prayers on her behalf. A link to her blog is on my sidebar.

Also, praying for all who will be traveling to She Speaks next week. Lots to do in preparation.

peace~elaine

Lelia Chealey said...

Yolanda,
You are so awesome!! I'm so glad I get to spend eternity with you! :)
I'm going to do your Tuesday study with you by email, and also was on Beth's blog and saw one of my church sisters signed up as a hostess so I'll be doing it w/ her also! I still need to get the book though.
Love ya!
Lelia

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Yolanda-I know you are coming back today but would you hurry up? We have missed you dear friend!!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Kristen said...

For heaven's sake, it is the most awesome thing I have ever done, and then....never ever give up for ALL things are possible WITH God.

As I have heard Beth Moore say: "He is the thrill of your life"

Yolanda,
God truly is the thrill of your life! I am so glad you are shouting that a personal realtionship with Jesus Christ is "the most awesome thing I have ever done"

ProverbsWomanWannaBe said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU. Blessings to you and our God is so good to introduce us to each other. Hope for the hopeless. Encouraging one another. I so needed the encouragement. As you can see from my blog, I am hanging on by a finger but still hanging on! My foot will hit the Rock firmly one day soon. I am putting forth the effort. I want a good husband, financial burdens to be lifted and my children to come to know Christ (that is most important). I pray for you and all the women that have reached out on your blog. I praise God every day for the wonder of Him.
Thank you. I respect Prayer Warriors so much, because fervent, dilegent prayer is a gift from the Spirit!!!!
Love in Christ
Kristin