The first part of April, I had an upper tooth pulled one morning and the very next morning I went to have my braces put on. I love to ponder, mull over, and just think about things. Today I am pondering about all the symbolism with braces.
Really, what is the job of braces? In my case, to align my teeth for the first time, as my jaws have always been out of line. Now let me take this a step further to the first time I finally understood what surrendering to Jesus Christ was about. I was aligning my soul with His. For you see, I had never been in line with Him, ever before that. Have you also found yourself ALIGNING with the Word of God by surrendering to Jesus, submitting to Our Father? I truly pray that you are because there is so much LIFE for you and I by doing so.
Have you or someone you know, had straight pretty baby teeth & later found themselves with crooked permanent teeth needing to be re-aligned? Or perhaps have had an accident causing your permanent teeth to become crooked? This very thing happens also for Believer's in Christ. Some, find themselves back-slidden and needing to re-align with the Word of God. Praise God, He is a God of second & third chances. WE THANK YOU LORD!
How about the bracing of a building? Did you know that Jesus is our brace? The brace/cornerstone is what causes a FIRM FOUNDATION. Ephesians 2:19-21 "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord." 1 Peter 2:6 "For in Scripture it says: 'See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.'" Allowing Jesus to be our brace or cornerstone also guarantee's you and I a firm foundation
Okay, lets back up just a minute ok? I felt like if I gave this right off the bat, I might confuse MYSELF and you. The first of May, I gathered with a group of 9,000 women in Colorado Springs for a Living Proof Live conference. Beth Moore taught us that we have to give it up, to live it up. I'm sorry this may be a stretch for many of you, but I had to give up a tooth (allow it to be extracted) , to make ROOM for my teeth to move & become aligned. By aligning myself through the word of God is simply allowing myself to LIVE IT UP! That tooth was a stumbling block, what is it in your life, that is a stumbling block that truly needs to be extracted? Giving things up as God places them on my heart and upon your own heart. This is what the Holy Spirit convicts us of, not condemnation from others. True conviction of our hearts with God's heart. I then in turn will find myself living it up, because of God. Sisters, you will also! There is a deep sweet joy in doing so, friends.
By allowing our teeth to be guided and directed by the "perimeters" that have been placed upon them, they become beautiful. When you and I choose to allow our paths to no longer be crooked but instead be guided and directed by the "perimeters" of God's Word. We will become beatutiful from the inside out.l We will find ourselves choosing and hungering to walk a straight and narrow path. Proverbs 3:6 "in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." What was once crooked has now become straight, GLORY TO GOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very nice, Yolunda. You hit many pivital points. What we see as crooked can and is indeed make straight through Jesus. He alone is our firm foundation. (Isn't that a song on the radio?)
Give it up, to live it up.
That is great but nothing Beth Moore says is less than profound.
Praise Jesus straightening and holding us.
Blessings,
Paula
Nice analogy my friend!! I love what BM said too...gotta give it up to live it up. Isn't that the truth?
Thanks for sharing this.
lOve,
Lelia
Friend, in my devotional this morning, Beth Moore wrote "We will think with the mental language we practice the most: ours or Christ's". If we do that we are more prone to walk on the strait and narrow, don't you think?!?!?!
In His Graces~Pamela
I can't tell you how many times I've had to go through a "heart" correction, realignment with God. Still do on a regular basis. I know when things are out of whack because I hit the wall with my emotions. I literally feel trapped like I have no where else to turn. That's when I must step back and do some readjusting. I'm going through one of those times in my life right now.
Summer has come, and with it, a great deal of daily responsibility. Thus, I don't always have the time to do what I want. So, forgive me if I can't get here as much as I would like. I'm having to make some tough decisions regarding my time, but I will be checking in to get a fresh word from you!
Thank you for so faithfully administering the Word of Christ to your readers. You keep walking it through and keep speaking your faith. God's Word will never return void, and he is doing a mighty work through you!
peace~elaine
Post a Comment