Have you ever wondered what that means? Will God, truly give me and/or you the desires of our hearts? Yes, because God's word promises, but please notice the first part of this scripture...we MUST delight ourselves in the LORD. That means, we have to learn to place Him first, we must cause our days to revolve around Him, we must spend time in His word, commune with Him. Just as we desire our loved ones to do with/for us, then we get thrilled by having them in our presence and desire to bless them. Our Heavenly Father, friends, is truly this way. He loves to show off, and show off He did!
Bill and I journeyed to Alaska over a 6 day period with friends of ours, and had thrills one right after the other. This morning, I am choosing to share with you, the first thrill I was given on this trip because GOD was there and He did show off, just for me!!!!!!
You see, I am a middle aged female from sunny Southwest Kansas. Prior to marrying my best friend, I had simply only been to the states of Oklahoma & Colorado for strictly visiting family. So not really a vacation, where you see new and exciting things, witnessing the wide world that we live in. Prairies I have seen, rattlesnakes I have seen, and yes a tornado or two.
In the years since our dating/marriage we have had a blast seeing God's creation. Today, we both understand that it is a privilege to do so but to be thankful to The Creator and not worship the creation. Not once in our travels to New Mexico & Colorado have I ever seen a wild bear, in their own habitat. I have asked, I have begged and I have pleaded so in February of this year when we started planning this trip, I told my husband and who-ever else would listen to me, that I WANTED to see a bear when we go to Alaska. Let me tell you, that included Father God.
We crawled off the plain in Skagway, Alaska on Friday around noon. After having a bite to eat, stretching and walking through some of the shops, we decided to crawl into the car to travel the one and only highway in and out of Skagway. It takes one up into Canada, via Whitehorse, into the Yukon territories. We had traveled just a short distance, looking at the waterfalls, when my husband noticed about a 1/4 of a mile in front of us, a huge bus was making a u-turn in the middle of the highway. Bill thought they must have spotted something and about that time, Ron says, there was a bear back there. Putting the car into reverse, we happened upon.....the desires of my heart.
A mother bear and her cub, hanging in the top of this tree, by their front under-arms, sound asleep! What a sight for my eyes. God, You THRILLED ME!!
Let me tell you, there is NO HIGH LIKE THE MOST HIGH! Psalm 7:17 NIV "I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."
My girlfriend, Lelia enjoys bragging on God also, and I ask that you take a moment, by venturing to her blog. Click here to take you there. "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart." Amplified version of Psalm 37:4 I choose this version, as it truly was a "secret petition".
And I close, to simply brag on MY GOD, God....You SIMPLY THRILL ME! Thank You for showing off just for me and my tiny little heart.
8 comments:
What a photo show! Oh, for the eyes to see the wonders that surround our lives. We're heading to Gatlinburg next week. I love the mountains and can't wait to see the photo show that God's prepared for me.
Yes, He is the biggest thrill of this heart. He never ceases to stun me with his magnificence.
peace~elaine
That is so cool!
That is one of my very favorite verses. Years ago I did a Beth Moore Bible study, "John the Beloved" I think, but she talked about being in the woods on a hike and asking God to delight her. He showed her a baby cub too.
That got me to thinking about how God really does want to delight us and I also began to pray that often.
We went to Colorado a few years back and we were just sitting out on the porch of our cabin one evening and a little kid yelled "Bear, bear!"
I didn't know if there really was one but I grabbed my video camera and took off just in time to capture him sliding down the the hill. It was so cool and something I'll never forget.
My friend and I would go with our husbands fishing and we saw several bear tracks after that.
God is awesome and I am so happy that He gave you the desire of your heart.
Love,
Valerie
Witnessing the creation of our Creator. How wonderful indeed!?!?! I so love the joy you have over our Lord!
Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca
Thanks for the comment on my kitchen. Hubby has been working pretty hard. Last night he was outside as it was getting dark, staining a new cabinet we're adding next to the stove.
Have a great weekend!
P.S. I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your glasses!
I blogged on this sometime ago in April called "Delight in the Lord". This verse has always caused a little confusion to me. It can appear that if we seek Him and are whole-heartedly following Him, then He will give us what we desire. I have a hard time with this as I've not always seen it happen that way. However, I do believe the more we seek after HIM, the more He changes our desires to fit what He desires. He then fulfills our desires and it appears He is fulfilling our original desires when actually, He changed our desires and then fulfilled them. Tongue twister I know.
I'm so glad you were able to see God fulfill this desire.
Oh how I long for Him to fulfill the greatest desire of my heart. As I shared with Lelia on her site, her words just brought me to tears by just pondering on God knowing my heart in such detail. I love how she said "He knows what makes your heart beat a little faster with excitement and He wants to just spoil you."
Wow. How humbled to know that He knows what will make my heart beat faster and He wanst to spoil me. Who am I to depart from the belief that He will fulfill this greatest desire in my heart.
Thank you for this reminder.
Hope you are blessed unbelievably this weekend. I'm sure you are already gone.
I see you have a new photo up...nice.
Wow! What a special blessing for your trip! thank you for sharing that awesome story. I love bragging on our Lord! So many times, He has given me the desires of my heart and it never ceases to cause an overflow of praise in my heart, and make me love Him all the more! (Thank you for your sweet comment on the mixer story.) Very nice to "meet" you.
Blessings,
Tracy
" I am a middle aged female from sunny Southwest Kansas." with, I might add, extremely cool glasses and a darling hair cut. (I'm into hair these days).
I read your post and all these comments about the thrill of seeing bear and just know if I heard someone shout "bear" I would run like a crazed woman for a roof top - and probably end up as dinner! What blessings you received by being open to them.
Thank you so much for dropping in and blessing my life with your prayers and comments, Yolanda. Unknown but sisters in Christ. Amazing.
I really enjoyed your comments concerning the scripture of delighting in the Lord and being given desires of the heart. I'm so glad that you saw your bear and I'm sure the trip to Alaska was really special.
mary
Post a Comment