Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sacredness found in a 9 year old little boy

Matthew 11:24-26 NIV "But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."

Matthew 18:2-4 NIV "He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."


I knew that I had just been witness of something sacred by God in the hearts of my family last Friday morning. One of the very first things my Cousin shared with me the morning of my Uncle's funeral was the acknowledgment of the desires of his oldest. If you've read my previous writing, then you realized the heart of his middle child. When Eric shared with his three young children that Papa had passed away, his oldest and the only son of Eric's 3 children, asked "Can I do Papa's Eulogy?"

As an outsider to the intimacy of this precious family of 5, I can only imagine how God's heart must have soared in that moment. To hear the heart of the one He had formed in his mother's womb, knitted together, and loved for over 2,000 plus years.

Yes, that is what he asked his dad. While I am not privy to the moment, I know how my own heart beat an extra beat upon being told. To think of how God used a donkey and this past week a child. If we will only listen and open our ears to hear. Our hearts to love. Our eyes to see.

Eric told his son that he couldn't do Papa's Eulogy at the funeral service but he was granted the sweet allowance of sharing the eulogy he had written at my Uncle's Wake. How Zachary had an audience that matters more than any...the audience of One.

I can't help but think of Samuel being called at a very early age and how Eli was privy to the moment....just a glimpse. Now, I am not saying that my 2nd cousin will become a preacher, for only God knows that, but what I do see with my spiritual eyes is that God called Zach for such a time as this to speak God's words of love and tenderness at a very vulnerable and needy moment in the lives of this hurting family, in their HOUR OF NEED.

I pray with all of my heart that "Papa" was able to hear and witness this "Sacredness" that was found in the heart of his 9 year old grandson. A moment that will perhaps lead into many moments to comfort as only the Holy Spirit can do for Papa's children and grandchildren.

Father God, thank You. Thank You for the sweetness of the moment. Thank You for seeing the need of a young grandson to show YOU and his family, the heart he saw first hand in his Grandfather. To be a blessing instead of a burden, and to melt those burdens into blessings. Lord, I ask that You would use this moment as a drawing moment of the hearts of my family to come nearer and nearer to You. So near, that they are found resting in the palm of Your hand. Lord, may they come to love You and serve You all the days of their lives. May I as well, love You and serve You all the days of my own life. In the SAVING Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

"The Lord can clear the darkest skies. Can give us day for night. Make drops of sacred sorrow rise to rivers of delight." Isaac Watts


Lovingly,
Yolanda
Higher Grounds

11 comments:

Edie said...

That is so precious Yolanda. It is a refreshing delight to see the Spirit working in the heart of a child like that.

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the God of all comfort will be felt in amoung your family during this time of loss.

Toia said...

This is a beautiful and touching post. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay Bless and Stay Strong!!

TRUTH SHARER said...

You gave honor to all involved in writing the overflow of your heart with this post! God is pleased. Leave it to God to use the heart of a child to capture the hearts of adults - all for His Kingdom purposes.

I encourage you to PRAY for that child to be "A Mighty Warrior in the Kingdom of God - for God's Kingdom Purposes".

God is anointing these young ones right in front of our eyes and we need to hold them up in prayer so that God will activate what He has already purposed for their lives - both now and in their futures!

May God richly bless your family and especially that young man of God!

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

Paula V said...

This is precious for sure. The mind and heart of a child...precious indeed.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

That is so so sweet. The kids are beautiful too. God can make it possible!

Blessings!

In His Graces~Pamela

Tea with Tiffany said...

Quick visit of thanks. I don't have time to read your post tonight, but wanted to thank you for praying for me. I feel so covering. Wow, God is amazing to send so many friends to pray for me tomorrow.

I'll be back soon.
Love,
Tiffany

Beth Herring said...

As always - a great post, Yolanda. Children are so real and I love it when God uses them in such a mighty way.

Still praying for your family in the loss of your Uncle.

In Him,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. I love that it shows that no matter how far back (if at all) our heritage of faith comes from on the earth.... we all have a heritage of faith in Him.

Great way to end this day. Thank you Friend! Thank you for sharing through this pain. Praying for healing and peace during this time of loss.

Melinda said...

So sweet...what a special time you had with your family!

Hugs,
Melinda

LisaShaw said...

I have seen countless times when GOD has used children to do and say incredible things for His glory and for the blessings of others.

Your heart felt message here is beautiful. God has a divine purpose for that precious little boy. Again I too am sorry for the loss in your family but I also thank God for the precious moments and memories Yolanda that you all will have to hold on to and for all the wonderful and amazing things that will happen in your lives through Christ.

I love you my dear sister.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

If he hasn't heard it by now, it will be kept for him to hear one day soon when we get the great "rewind" in heaven. Too precious, Yolanda. Thanks for sharing your tender memories.

peace~elaine