I have some explaining to do until I come back and pick up this simple yet beautiful visual. On September 12, 2004 I found myself in a prayer line at a Women's Conference. Never been in a situation like that before, ever, prior to this day. A tad out of my comfort zone when a woman spoke over me that I would become a teacher for Christ. I was frightened, and looking back on it I'm positive it was because of the truth spoken instead of the day. Years later, I began to realize that God was truly calling me to do this very thing. After prayer and wrestling with God, He and I started writing Higher Grounds on January 12, 2007 in an e-mail format. The writings consisted of my very own walk, extremely personal and vulnerable. What I had either walked through with God, or He and I currently were walking together through on this journey in the flesh. Truly the very way Higher Grounds is still written today.
Jesus has become a constant in my life. I can't pin point a date or circumstance where our relationship went from a variable to a constant, but I just know that it became a constant. Looking back over the past two years of being stretched in my thinking, in my application, in my studying, and in my walk I firmly believe I am where God wants me to be. I'm not sure that can happen if He isn't a constant. The encouragement I receive in a response from Higher Grounds confirms to me that I am being used by God to teach. That it is a "now" word, not a when, or if, but simply a knowing for the current.
I know that I need God's hand to keep me steady. Remember the visual of God's hand holding mine? I know that Higher Grounds can not be about Him, without Him. I know that I need His word to stand firm when my world is wobbly. I know that I desire to be found secure in Him instead of the uncertainties of self. Do you grasp that there came a point when God spoke and asked, "Will you trust Me?" God speaking to me: Yolanda, I know you are broken, I know you hurt, I know this is hard, but Yolanda, will you trust Me?
God and I are walking through a milestone with Higher Grounds this coming weekend. A time of trusting Him as He asked me to come out of my comfort zone once again to teach and encourage for His honor and glory to a vast unknown world. February 8, 2008 Higher Grounds moved from the way many of you know and received our writings into a Christian blog. Once again, not ever something I would have done, not EVER.
Please grab that visual while I grab a tissue as the tears fall because the Man God gave me this side of Heaven to HOLD MY HAND asked me to step once again out of my comfort zone because he believed in me. Bill saw the depth and truth of Higher Grounds being lived out in me. Bill believed that what God was doing needed to be shared with the world and it became once again a time of "Will you trust Me? That is the awesome beauty of how God works. It isn't about me, it's all about HIM!
Do you see just how BIG our God is? Do you see just how one small person can change her world to be better, all because of Christ. So when you sense or hear His voice, how will you personally respond to, "Will you trust Me?" I want to tell you, Girlfriends and Guy friends, He can be trusted, He will never ever desert you. Trust Him, hold on tightly to His hand!!!!
Psalm 40:3 NLT "He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord."
Father, thank You for allowing me to share where I have been but more importantly where I am headed because of You. Foolishness to faithfulness, from a past to a future of unlimited possibilities. Your hand grasping mine to steady me, to support me, to love me, because You alone know just how important a TOUCH is. Father, You asked, "Will you trust Me? " My answer is, YES LORD, YES LORD. Thank You Father for using me to encourage just one soul to leave a life of hurts because I know first hand that You can and do heal. Lord, I will trust You. Amen.
I love each and every one of you! Thank you for speaking LIFE into my heart this past year, for encouraging me and standing beside me as a sibling in the body of Christ. I ask that you come back on the anniversary date, and celebrate with me. I truly love ya like crazy!!!
26 comments:
Wow! What an incredible post. I can only answer a heartfelt Amen! So grateful you stepped out of your comfort zone and placed yourself in God's willing hands. What a testimony. He is doing an amazing work through you, my friend!
Beautifully said, gloriously shared. Thank you for your wisdom, your love and your insight - Yolanda.
My heart overlfows as I consider the gift God brought into my life drawn by an off comment on a "Jesus is the Rock Star" kind of day.
Will you trust ME? If it is God asking... What choice do I have - with abandon I run to Him - oh Yes, Lord, Yes.
Love you.
Yolanda this is just sweet. Thank you for heart and for sharing it here. I loved all of this post, but one thing especially speaks to me.... That there isn't a specific date when you realize you "clicked" in your faith walk. This is my same testimony. And not one that I hear shared often if ever. I waited for a magic spark for years and missed Him because so many recalled a date that they came to Jesus. Thanks for being so real and honest to bless others Friend!
This is so beautiful Yolanda. He is SO Faithful. Why do we find it so hard to trust Him. We are like little children who are afraid that when we jump, His arms will miss. He never misses.
He is doing a good work through you.
Ooops! I just finished a blog makeover and thought I had signed out of her blog and back into mine. Nope. :o
This comment was actually from me.
(Slowly Dying 2 Self said)...
Nope - Edie said...
This is so beautiful Yolanda. He is SO Faithful. Why do we find it so hard to trust Him. We are like little children who are afraid that when we jump, His arms will miss. He never misses.
He is doing a good work through you.
Sorry for the confusion. :)
I hear the deep emotion in this post and celebrate with you what the Lord has done and is doing in your life. Praise to Him!!
Walk forward knowing that He will be faithful to guide you and walk with you.
Leah
Powerful post! What an expression of God's faithfulness to those he loves. Yolanda you inspire and encourage me to strive for the deeper things. Thank you for saying Yes to Jesus!
Blessings - Lisa
Yolanda,
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
I loved your post and always am so encouraged and touched when I hear a testimony like this! There are no hands more capable than our God's! You placed yourself well, my sister.
Blessings to you today!
Yolanda I am so blessed of God to'know' you. I thank God for the integrity that you show in your posts and celebrate with you, as I recognize as well a place where God is taking that I dare not go without Him.
You said, "I know that Higher Grounds cannot be about Him, without Him."
What a profound truth and a very sobering thought.
Thank you for sharing.
I pray you continue to be clay in the great hands of the Potter.
Blessings,
Vickie
I treasure everything you have shared through Higher Grounds and am so thankful that you listened to that call, Yolanda. You bless me with your positive outlook and sweet reminders to live my life for HIm.
:)Laura
Yolanda - I love this. SO powerful and what a testimony you have! I am so glad to be part of your blogging life!
PS I left you something on mine today..
In Him,
Beth
This afternoon, a dear friend that receives this via e-mail sent this back to me. I've never heard this hymn or seen the video, but it so spoke to my heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ9ZNwWehPk
First of all, thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog regarding my upcoming birthday. :)
This is a great post Yolanda. I'm so happy to read what all God has done and continues to do in your life. You bless me so!
Love,
Valerie
How gracious He's been to you, and US through you!
Such a beautiful post, my friend.
Hugs,
Melinda
Thank you for sharing your heart Yolanda. You are such an encouragement...and your obedience to trust God inspires us to do likewise. Trust is a tough thing...but really, it's everything.
Have a great day,
Yolanda
I have no doubt in my mind that you are doing exactly what God wanted you to do...I pulled this up to read earlier today...but never got around to reading it...It definately is for me today, now...after my day I have had. I'm going to re-qoute you but change your name to mine...It's what I needed
"Do you grasp that there came a point when God spoke and asked, "Will you trust Me?" God speaking to me: Tessa, I know you are broken, I know you hurt, I know this is hard, but Tessa, will you trust Me?"
Sometimes it is just so hard to really let it go and to just trust. I really don't know how to do it, but it has came a time in my life that I am going to have to let go and lean completely on him and TRUST him.
Today I have a broken heart...that needs healing only from him.
Thank you for obediance.
Tessa
Big yahoo, Yolanda. That's eastern NC talk for "way to go girl!" I celebrate this week with you as I have done some of my own. We can trust him with it all. Just imagine...
a year ago we didn't each others' names. We couldn't have known then what we now know to be true in our lives.
God is a Master-Weaver. He's threading lives together all over the country via blogging; I for one, am glad to have my thread included. Yours too.
Thanks for trusting God with you life and his higher ground. You're walking it friend.
Love u.
peace~elaine
I love you girl and you minister to me so deeply! Keep stepping out and I will support you. Is it time for a lunch again?
In His Graces~Pamela
Amen and Amen!
What a beautiful portrait of your journey hand in hand with our precious Lord.
Blessings on your continued journey, Andrea
http://arise2write.blogpsot.com
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com
Yolanda,
What a testimony you are for our Lord's glory!
There is so much I want to say to you and tell you how you have touched my heart....
I know the Lord has been speaking the words to me..."do you trust Me?"
Thank you,
Miriam
Wow, Yolanda, I just got through posting about God's Grip on our lives! So glad you've been faithful to His call on your life. One life can make a difference through Jesus. He is in the multiplication business!
There's so much about HANDS that God wants us to know! Last spring I spoke at a 3-Day Retreat in PA. God had given me a title for that retreat - back in October the year prior - way before I was ever asked to speak. The title was "HANDS TO BEHOLD". He simply told me to examine His Hands and my hands through scripture, poems, saying and everywhere He would show me. Wow! He blew me away and for the last year - since sharing that at the retreat He has taught me more and more. I love that visual [Beth Moore did it] of God grasping tightly to our hand/wrist and never letting go but then she shows that we must grab onto Him just as tightly. Recently, I have been praying and begging God to "never let me let YOU go!" I know He's holding my hand - but I don't EVER want to let go of His Hand again - not ever! The intimacy He has brought to me by His love and grace through His Word - has me at such 'higher ground' with Him that I never want to go backward - but always moving forward - closer and deeper! I might be alone another year this Valentine's Day [since my husband's home-going over 2 years ago] BUT - I will most likely spend that day with my JESUS - who loves me beyond measure! Oh, how I love Him! I know you do too! Isn't HE simply the BEST? Bless you!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
PS:
Ooops - I got so carried away that I forgot one of the most important parts.
God began asking me a new and deeper question:
"Will you TRUST MY HEART - as I hold your hand?"
I pondered that for so long and still do because it just showed a more deeper level of trust that God was asking of me! Boy is that a special place - sometimes really hard - but so worth the harvest of His love!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
Thanks so much, Yolanda, for visiting my blog. And you're right -- we're both from the same state!
I loved watching nicole mullens and her teens at Women of Faith singing and dancing to "Freedom"...awesome..gets me moving!
Post a Comment