Monday, April 13, 2009

Ask the LORD

"Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone." Zechariah 10:1 NIV


Sunday (yesterday) was Resurrection Sunday, and I'm still reeling from how much God's word has come alive to me since last year at Easter. How much more I love my Savior, and the depth He has come to mean to me.


As we climbed into bed on Saturday evening we were rejoicing as the rain had finally come. We've prayed in our little congregation for MONTHS and MONTHS for moisture of any kind. Then a few weeks back we were blessed with snow while gone on vacation. Then Saturday afternoon came the rain. RAIN....and it continued through out early this Monday morning, in the wee hours before the sun rose.



As I prepared a dish for our Easter Sunday potluck for church I also turned my scripture calendar to April 12th. This is what I read: "Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone." Zechariah 10:1 NIV My heart just skipped a beat as it was still raining, ever so gently and I quickly grabbed my camera to take a few snapshots.



Sisters and Brothers, never ever quit asking the Lord for a NEED. Never ever give up! He is good, He is faithful and His timing is The Best.



Rejoicing as I seek Higher Grounds with and because of Him.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

20 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you for this! I never stop asking and praying because if I do--what does that leave me? Empty. With no hope.
I looked that book up you recommended. It looks like my kind of writing:))

Runner Mom said...

Praise Him in the rain and for the rain!! Love this scripture!! He is awesome, and His timing perfect!!

Love you!
Susan

Love that darlin' birdbath!

Elizabethd said...

I stand by Jeremiah...the Lord has a plan for me.
and for the rain too!

Lisa said...

Thank You for this Word from the Lord today. I've been feeling kinf of yucky so this was definitely rain for my weary soul.
Blessings - Lisa

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing in the perfection of His timing!

Christi crux est mea lux
Denise

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Don't I just love you more and more??!!

When I'm gone from "blog world" too long and come back I'm surprised all over again at how godly you - my dear friend are!

Thank you for helping me out! You're the best!

Love you in HIM and all different kinds of ways!
Teri
p.s. Definitely BMJ!

Gran Jan said...

What a wonderful scripture - I love it! Yolanda - we've had SO MUCH RAIN the past month - we are floating here at the farm...but I love it - truly!

Come August, we'll be wishing for some rain.

Thank God for the LIVING WATER - and my favorite verse of all - Isaiah 58:11...a well-watered garden - that's how I want to be!

Much love,
Jan

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Loved this post! The pictures really helped it sink in (pun intended!).

Thanks for sharing,
Sonya Lee

Pat said...

Yolanda, what a blessing to read about God's answered prayers. Praise Him for the rain!!
Your love for Him overflows as well!!
Bless you,
Pat

Heather C said...

I am always amazed and blessed to know that the more I learn about Him, the more I find there is to know STILL. I'm thankful that He is so great it will take my entire lifetime to even discover a fraction of who He is... but I also love that He is continually revealing Himself to me.... drawing me ever closer to His side. What a majestic God we serve!

Joyful said...

Yolanda, thanks for reminding me not to give up!

Hanging in there and waiting for His rain,
Joy

Beth Herring said...

Bring the rain, Lord!

Yolanda - you just bless my heart. You are such a dear friend and I thank you for allowing God to speak through you!

Beth

LynnSC said...

Hi Yolanda!
What a wonderful reminder to keep taking our needs to the Lord. He cares for all of them. Even the rain...

Blessings,
Lynn

Tracy said...

Beautiful! What a powerful encouragement for my heart! There are a couple of things for which I have prayed for many years. Even though I've seen God move in so many amazing ways, I can begin to doubt in his ability to change or move in these situations. This Word was meant for me to read today...thank you my friend. That was a beautiful rain, indeed.

Rejoicing,
Tracy

Vickie said...

What a beautiful scripture Yolanda and what encouragement. To know that we can always, always, come boldly to the throne of grace in our time of need is so awesome.

Like you I am absolutely amazed at where I am in Christ now and where I was last resurrection. His power has so come alive in me many days I feel like I would explode.

Bless you my sister for your continued uplifting posts.

Love your heart for the Lord

Vickie

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so thankful for your rain!
The verse BLESSES ME... and you're so right....
Prayin without ceasing!
L

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh sweet sister, this last line was just for me today!!

"Never ever give up! He is good, He is faithful and His timing is The Best."

This post reminded me of a quote on a church sign board that I read last April a year ago. I never forgot it:

Dark Clouds Bring Showers of Blessing!

I'm holding to that because over and over God's Word expesses that very thought!

Thank for all the good discussion we had today too! It was all God's doing!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Kneeling in Prayer]

About Nancy said...

I praise God for your wonderful faith and sensitive spirit to recognize the blessings God has given you in the rain.

I too had an especially wonderful Easter as I pondered the great sacrifice Christ made on our behalf. I finished Beth Moore's Esther study that morning and it felt as though God had brought me to a greater level of thankfulness for what He's done for us. I am so glad your Easter was as special.

Blessings dear sister!

Tea with Tiffany said...

We have a "white" Easter! It snowed hard in the morning and melted by evening.

:)

Yes, Jesus lives and fills needs.

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Yolanda,
This post touched my heart in a very special way. It was truly a fitting Easter message...God hears, God cares, God is willing, God is able...GOD IS!

Rejoicing with you...

Lidj