Do you ever sit back and wonder how long God will allow us to mock Him? Yesterday morning in our Sunday School we talked about those that believe in the "big bang theory" and/or "evolution" vs those of us that know that we know God spoke our world into existence.
This then got us to pondering about cloning and how we are amazed that God has allowed us and our world to really get off the path with our thinking and playing God. Remember Let God be God from last week?
I sense God continuing to press in upon me and so I encourage you as well to seek God's Word in what you are holding to as truth. When we do He will enable you and I to discern what we are hearing out of the lips of others. As well as what we are reading outside of the Word of God, we need discernment. If I step on your toes, I am extremely sorry but I ask that you take your beliefs and make sure that they align with the word of God. I am doing the very same thing Brothers and Sisters. If you read something here and it doesn't set right, seek answers for yourselves, dig into God's Word. It alone holds the TRUTH.
Not to long ago I heard with my own ears and saw with my own eyes that only a specific denomination was the one and only True Church. All others were listed as false. Honestly, I'm not attacking. I'm not looking for an argument or a defense, but what I know is that in God's word there are no listings of denominations. NONE.
Last time I read, The One and Only is Jesus Christ.
John 1:14 NIV "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (My italics added).
Father, You alone are Holy. You alone are Truth. You alone are King of kings and Lord of lords. You alone do I seek and BELIEVE UPON. You alone, Lord, You alone. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
20 comments:
Sorry!! I hit publish instead of save before I finished my post!!!! I'm done now!! come over and visit!! I'll be back at lunch to read yours! I do have my dumb moments!!
Love ya,
Susan
When I hear the "one denomination" theory, it always gets under my skin. Amen on this post, sister friend! Amen!
I can almost promise you that we won't be separated by denomination in heaven. I don't like to tell people that I am a Baptist. I usually just say that I am a Christian. That says it all. I am a follower of Christ - the One and the Only!
In His Grip and knee deep in grandbaby sugar!
Beth
Ooohh!! I had not thought about those things as "mocking" God. I don't agree with them either, but listening to it in your words put it into a new perspective. You're not stepping on my toes at all!!
Hugs!
Susan
Umm-hmmmm. Preach on, sister. My skin crawls over much of the denominational bickering that goes on. I do believe we must adhere to the truth but some of the legalism is just ridiculous.
Have you done any research into what the radical Muslims believe? It is terrifying and there are millions of them right here in the good old USA.
Pray long and hard for our nation.
leah
One denomimation...Yep I agree...there is one...the "Body of Christ" denomination...the one in which we desire more of God, we have accepted him as our Lord and Savior.
You know I made the name of that up, but no there is not any one man made denomination...I think that the Holiness, Baptist, Methodist, etc will all walk in at the same time...
Love your truths
Tessa
I think some people get it mixed up....instead of thinking HE is the One and Only they think WE are the One and Only. So many put the emphasis on themselves instead of on God where it belongs. I still remember the phrase that stood out so strongly to me a few weeks ago...."It's not about me....it's all about Him!"
Keep up the good work exposing false teaching!
Marilyn
A and MEN.
I often feel anger at the way God is mocked, and I often privately think that it would be great if His patience were finally up and He came to put an end to all of the nonsense we do in this life.
But then I think about how patient He's been with me, and I find myself asking Him to just hang in there a little longer...
Yolanda,
AMEN! I can't believe we still find the smallest of things to bicker with each other over.
I believe in the "One nation under God" demonination. The Bible is completely accurate and provides the simple steps with God's own words.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
If we would stop focusing on a label and live the life Christ calls us to. Live it honestly, transparently and faithfully -- be the people we have been called to be - Christians. Not a denomination - A Christ follower.
Shalom,
Denise
Hi Yolanda, I always look forward to your thought provoking and well written words. Funny thing, I'm studying Moses through my Bible class and this week's lesson spoke similar to this.... always checking back with the Word to see the truth. Have a great start to your week!
Just getting over here now, but you're right...we were on the same page.
Praying the Lord will continue to be my One and Only,
Joy
The other weekend we had our annual Spring Bible Conference (and I really need to post about this on my blog) and it was on Creation vs. Evolution. It was FANTASTIC. The speaker really knew what he was talking about and I learned things I never knew, and some things that I just hadn't thought through. This man and his wife are willing to go anywhere to speak as long as the Lord leads them to go there. I want to post his web address on my blog in the near future.
Anyway, my point is that I just can't understand the foolishness of believing in the big bang theory. Sometimes I wonder if it is not just plain rebellion against God that makes folks believe this theory.
As far as denominations, I don't believe God recognizes them. He recognizes those of us that are washed in the blood of His precious Son, Jesus Christ, that is the requirement, NOT what kind of church you attend. Jesus said "you must be born again", not "you must be Methodist, Baptist, Independent ..."
He is my One and Only! God's Word must be our compass for life and holiness. Everything else must fall beneath its shadow.
Preach on sister.
peace~elaine
It's just ...
ALL about JESUS - Nothing more - Nothing less - Nothing ELSE!
HE IS GOD!!! Worthy of our PRAISE and WORSHIP!
Choosing GREAT JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - My reason to Worship]
Amen Sister Yolandaaaa!
God bless your obedience to speak truth. You're a courageous ambassador for Christ.
Holykisses,
L
I've never liked labeling myself either.... we're just kids of the king!
He is the One and Only! Only Him!
Thank you for your text! You encourage me in so many ways, Yo!
I love you, lady!
Yes, Yolanda, God alone is the standard. Thank you for stating it out right, that everything we read, watch, listen to, should be line up against the word of God. How can Christians be Christians and still believe the big bang theory, or abortion, or divorce, or same sex marriage? Yes you are bold to ask, how long will God allow us to mock Him, and people get away with cloning and producing GMOs? So now the world is reaping what it has sown, we have AIDS, Swine Flu, global warming...
It won't be long Yolanda.
Thank you for this post, God bless you for your boldness.
Bless you,
Lidj
Great truths here dear friend! Keep on with what you do!!
Amen! It's so important that we walk closely with our Lord.
Bless you.
Post a Comment