Wednesday, August 26, 2009

God's word is so alive!

Does God's word seem more alive to you in your current season, or is it just me? Is it due to being in His word more and more all the time? Is it from choosing a different translation to do so for my daily bible reading? Is it from walking with God almost 10 years and surrendering with out walking away from Him? I really don't know the answer, but the beauty part is that I am so hungry for God's word and what He has to tell me THIS day.



If you've been following me for any length of time then you know I'm currently in Luke. Luke 9:45 New Living Translation just blew me away this week and I really can't get it off of my mind. Jesus in verses 43b through 45 is predicting his death to his disciples when all of a sudden God shares with us that the disciples didn't understand what Jesus had told them. But they left it at that, they never asked Jesus to explain in further detail, they didn't tell Jesus that they were confused, they didn't tell Jesus to wait a minute and tell them again. WHY? The answer is in verse 45b "they were afraid to ask him about it."



Father, there are so many things that we all are working through and are finding ourselves in the midst of not understanding. I know that there are items You desire for us to not know, perhaps simply because we don't need to know. YET, LORD, may today You find us not afraid to ask You about any given situation. May our fear of You be a righteous and holy fear. But not the fear that causes us to sit back and be afraid to ask. Lord, thank You for speaking to me through Your precious and LIVING Word. In Your Son's Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.



Lovingly at Higher Grounds,

Yolanda

17 comments:

Andrea said...

Yolanda,

There are a couple of blogs I visited today that desperately need our prayers and support. Please visit and pray:

http://thatssogod.blogspot.com This blogger has a young daughter with a rare form of arthritis.

http://miracle-momma.blogspot.com This is a young mom who is really struggling right now with many different issues from the death of a close friend to having lost her job and not being able to adequately care for her kids.

Thank you for praying and visiting these blogs. I do not know either of them personally, but my heart goes out to them.

Blessings, andrea

Heather C said...

This words was for ME tonight, Yolanda. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Today is an amazing day! Did you feel it too? Like God just step right beside you today? He just slide in my passenger seat on my drive today and was singing along the radio with me and the girls. God is amazing and is alive and well.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

LisaShaw said...

You always share/pray with your whole heart. So encouraging. Thanks for sharing with us. His word is indeed alive and active and is activated in our hearts.

HE IS SO AMAZING!

We only need to lean on and trust in HIM.

Love you.

Lelia Chealey said...

Good word from God Yolanda!

And guess what? I'm going to Beth Moore simulcast this weekend! :) Can't wait to share with you what He specifically shows each of us.
love ya,
Lelia

The Farmer Files said...

Well..in my current season His word is a comfort. I am not so sure why I am nervous about the delivery of this child any day now. I have done it twice before. Feel free to lift our family in prayer.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Always love reading your encouraging posts Yolanda. You are so sincere and warm and I love that about you.
Collette xxx

Melinda said...

Wow. Active indeed! Fear is such a pesky foe. May it never stand between us and our God.

Love you,
Melinda

Leah Adams said...

That is something that I pray regularly. Lord, help me love you more. Help me desire more of your Word. And He is always faithful to do it. That is also something that I pray for the ladies in my Bible study group and women's ministry groups at church.

Leah

Kim said...

I've so enjoyed catching up with you here today. Good Morning. I love hearing your heart ~ you are so inspirational in your love for the Word and I'm thankful for that. Hugs, Kim

Anonymous said...

I love it! Love it! Love it!

You are awesome! I love to see what God has delighted you with in you day...I am honored to call you my friend...

Love ya
Tessa

Nancy said...

I think reading a different translaation does give you a new perspective on things.

Lisa said...

I feel the same way about God's Word right now. It's so alive and speaking to me. May we NEVER get out fill.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Heather - On the Road... said...

Amen and Amen!!!!!!
Oh you are so right... my asking was just what God was waiting for. I am blessed beyond belief. I can hardly stand it.

I am bringing a camera... i was really hoping another friend of mine could come, because she knows Beth.. her kids grew up with Beth's girls... but, Oh well... maybe next time.

I was hoping that Cindy would be able to be my roommate for the January Siesta Memory Celebration, but she didn't get in on the memory verses.

Maybe when it comes time, if I drive, I can find someone in WI, or IL that I can pick up and drive down with, and share a room with.... If you could keep your ears open, my hubby might let me go if I have a driving companion! :) (I love to drive... love, love, love it!) :)

Now I am off to bed so i have enough rest for tomorrow!!! Yippee! :)

Thanks for the reminder though to ask for our hearts desires. I am so hesitant sometimes because it seems so trivial. But its not. Never to Him. I mean, how in the world would we feel if we knew our kids were hesitant to ask us to do something with them or for them that was easy, and would give us as much joy and pleasure as it would them?

Love you,
Heather

Edie said...

I honestly can't say I'm hungry for the Word as you are describing. I am on the edge of that hunger and I miss it so much. That is where the deepest intimacy with Christ is.

Thank you for posting this. I may have some questions I need to ask.

***
My granddaughters have been with me daily during summer vacation but now that they go back to school that will change.

Vickie said...

Oh Yolanda, I am so with you. God's word has literally become my sustenance. I have switched to a different translation than I've been using for the past years and it seems as though I can't get enough of His word.

I feel as though I just want to tell everyone all that He is saying. I am on the bus and the train and I want to shout to the whole world, "He's alive!!!

God is awesome.

Thank you for sharing your heart.
The beauty about it is that the more we go after Him, the more we hunger.

Blessings,
Vickie

Terri Tiffany said...

there are so many things that we all are working through and are finding ourselves in the midst of not understanding----

This is so true for us here. Trying to hear God and his plan for us.