Then I wrote this in my journal, just letting my pen flow:
I will not leave you comfortless
So I grabbed my Strongs Concordance and there wasn't anything in there for "comfortless". So I just typed those very words into the world wide webb and found that it is part of John 14:18 KJV. Oh I love how the Holy Spirit does that, don't you? I'm a NIV woman, I'm just sayin'.
John 14:18 KJV "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
The Holy Spirit also brought to my mind a scripture I learned a few years back:
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
Father, I ask that You would comfort my friends and family that are hurting right now. Hurting because of saying Good-bye to a spouse for a time period due to jobs. Hurting because of un-known test results. Hurting because of illness. Hurting because they have an empty home this week due to school being in session. Hurting because of loss, all kinds of loss. Thank You Lord that You do not leave us comfortless. You are our comforter. In the saving name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
I truly pray that who-ever you are, that you are comforted today here at Higher Grounds.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
14 comments:
Isn't that cool, God gives us comfort so we can share it with others. He is the God of the overflow!
You are more than welcome to use any of my blog posts to encourage others. Just like the verse in your post talks about!
You are a precious sister in the Lord!
Sonya Lee
Yolanda, you are amazing! I can't tell you how much it meant to me this morning to find your text saying you were praying for our daughter's surgery today! Just to know you had it on your heart and mind was such a blessing to me. I know God has used you many times to bring comfort to my heart. And how much MORE does our LORD bring us comfort! Good words today sister!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Love this!! And God can use the internet for His glory!! WHoohoo!!
Love ya,
Susan
What beautiful words to calm our lives and know that we are being held close by a loving God.
Beautiful verses Yolanda and lovely post.
Collette xxx
What an encouragement! Praise God for the comfort (and peace) He gives. I have had similar thoughts this week as there are many serious needs right now amongst my friends, co-workers and acquaintences. Thank you for sharing your insights...
Love & blessings,
Tracy
Yolanda,
What great scripture references these are! I love that they are perfect for this time when so many people are hurting and to them it does probably seem like no one cares.
A perfect reminder that God truly does.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Yes... comfort. What a precious gift. What a wonderful Savior for dispensing it through an instrument as beautiful as you! :)
I have long loved the verse about God giving us comfort so that we can just turn right around and comfort/ bless someone else. It is just proof that EVERYTHING has purpose in God's economy--even those things for which we need God's comfort.
Leah
I come here because you keep me grounded and offer me the hope I somedays lack when my situation over powers me. It's been a rough week here and I could use some really strong prayer coverage. Thank you!
This really blessed me
Yolanda - as always you have blessed me with words from your heart that came straight from God's whispers to yours.
Praise God for His Comfort!
Oh, thank you, Yo! Comfort, like a warm blanket, wraps me after reading this. I did so need it this day.
Bless you, my friend!
I cannot believe the timing of this prayer for me, dear Yolanda.
Thank you. It ministered to me. Even family relationships, much as we want them to be perfect, are never really that way, because we live in a fallen world, and each person has been given a freedom to choose his or her own way of doing things, attitudes, etc.
I'm not the scriptwriter of their lives, let's put it that way.
Thank you for sharing about the promise of God's comfort.
Post a Comment