Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prune me Lord

Once again God is speaking to the very depths of my soul and for once I feel Him saying, this is between you and Me. So I come to you who stop in asking for your prayers as God prunes me.

1) To remain pliable to the HANDS of my Creator, Elohim.

2) To be thankful that He is El Roi, the God who sees, and He is seeing what needs to be purified.

3) To submit to my Adonai, Lord and Master.

This is a work in progress for me, it isn't anything new, but it is something that I've allowed Him to whittle away at but I'm so ready for it to be gone (PRUNED). Why? Because He wants it to be gone!!! When it is gone then it can be replaced with the very essence of God. Why would I allow Him to do this with me? Because I love HIM so much and I desire that my life would show that I love Him. Two scriptures that God allowed to cross my path early this morning in my quiet time that I'm going to share with you as perhaps they may speak to you in your own set of circumstances, your NOW.

"You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." James 1:3-4 Message

"I am humble and the humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help live in joy." Psalm 69:32 NLT

Father, Thank You for causing me to be teachable and that I would submit to the Potter's Hands today and forever. I thank You Lord for the faith-life You have poured into me and that You continue to speak "SEEK" to my heart. I know that You love me. Lord, I truly say, have Your way in me. In my precious Savior's Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

With love and SEEKING Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

14 comments:

Faye said...

All I can say is Amen sister:) You are such a blessing to me girl:)

SusanD said...

Praying w/you, my Siesta, for you to be filled with His joy as you grow from the pruning. Blessings, SusanD

Jackie said...

Hey Yolanda!

I'm blog visiting this a.m. and wanted to stop by and meet you! It seems you and I visit so many of the same wonderful bloggy friends so I thought I would drop by!

So blessed by this post....the part that spoke the most to my heart was.."When it is gone then it can be replaced with the very essence of God". The essence of God...His prescious presence in my life is what I always long and hunger for!! Thank you sharing!

I'm following along with you now and hope you'll stop by my place for a visit sometime!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

fuzzytop said...

Hi Yolanda!

I love the verse from James 1 - I had not seen that in the Message translation, but it is awesome.

I also read your testimony... Wow!

Much love and prayers,
Adrienne

Laura said...

THis is my prayer, too, Yo! These pictures of you and Beth and Melissa on the sidebar are precious! What a wonderful experience that must have been.

Hugs,
laura

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I LOVE it - are you reading Lord, I Want To Know you?
Wylie

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

I would have to agree with your thankful list and enter a hearty AMEN with you.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

TRUTH SHARER said...

I have begun some new memory verses for the new year and one of them is:

Psalm 27:8
My heart says of You, "Seek His face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek."

I'm seeking with you while Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Vickie said...

Praying for you Yolanda, that you continue to let God do His perfect work in you.
I know you are praying the same for me and the others here.

Thank you so much.
blessings,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Yolanda,
I am so grateful the Lord God is a loving Vinedresser. He prunes with loving hands and I know it both pleasing to Him and good for me.
I hope you are well.
Blessing in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Miriam

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Lord, help me to SEEK you more!

Marilyn

Sandy said...

Yolanda,
This is beautiful, and I am praying with you.
I love the picture of you & Melissa.
Thank you for all of your great words in your posts, and for your encouraging words to me.
Have a blessed day & weekend!
Love,
Sandy

Crown of Beauty said...

Can't believe you have been led to do a post about pruning...

God has been putting the subject on my heart the past days! In fact I did post on the same topic a few days ago...

Love the things you shared!

Love
Lidj

Emmy said...

Wow Yolanda... that was powerful! Pruning is always So hard but so worth it in the end!

I am doing the updated Breaking Free now... oh it is SO good! There is going to be a lot of "pruning" going on around here too!

Praying for you now as I type!

I love the Message version of the passage in James! Whew...

Thank you for your sweet note!

Emmy : )