Thursday, March 11, 2010

God's plans will succeed

Have you ever had God speak a word to you and then when you've turned around and shared that with another Believer, the waters begin to be stirred? Often times I've found that when I'm doing life and living to please God that those inside the church walls will become like Joseph's brothers.

Genesis 37:8b "So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words." Those dreams and words that Joseph spoke were given to him directly from God in a vision. 37:11 "....jealous of him...." and verse 18 "They saw him from afar, and before he came near to them they conspired against him to kill him." Hate, jealousy and conspiracy are not from God Girlfriends and guy friends. If you sense inside of yourself those feelings, please dig deep, deep down to the root of why you are feeling that way and take that before God. Allow Him and His word to cleanse you and repair you.

If you will continue on through Genesis you will see that what God had shown to Joseph came to pass and the beauty part of God and His plans is that Joseph did not become bitter, hardened or evil towards his brothers. You and I would be very wise to follow suit, to not come against those that quite possibly have not believed what God has spoken for you and I, perhaps even trying to be dream killers. Instead love them, give them mercy and grace, but especially continue on with what God has spoken to your heart and to your ears. That what you heard ALIGNS with the Word of God.

Proverbs 16:3 Amplified

Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

Father, this morning I come being thankful that what You spoke to my heart over 10 years ago has come to pass. That I am Your child, and that You cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will. I am thankful for the blessings of having women in my life that are not dream killers. That they also recognize and know that You have a plan for each one of us, and that we are hungry to be obedient to Your will. Father, we desire Your best. May we be encourager's for those that You bring into our path with the very words and visions that You have spoke to them as well. Lord, I love You like crazy...more and more each day. Amen.

Lovingly with joy towards God's plans, full of hope and a future,
Yolanda

**Scripture not noted is ESV**

13 comments:

sister sheri said...

We just has a study on Joseph last week... thanks for your thoughts.... they have seared it in my heart!

Beth Herring said...

Fabulous post Yolanda. Just awesome! You are such a dear sweet friend and I reach for the higher grounds with you. Striving for the deeper mysteries!

(Now that we have our "bike" - let's plan our summer trip! I actually let him ride me around the church parking lot yesterday!)

Terri Tiffany said...

I started here today because your posts always set me where I should be. Thank you!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Joseph is one of my favorite Bible characters. He had so many people against him but in the end was able to see that what they meant for his harm, God turned around to his good!

Blessed words today my friend!

Love ya,
Marilyn...in Mississippi

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Just that study of Joseph's story shows that even though he remained faithful, it took God quite awhile to answers Joseph's prayers! Another reminder things happen in God's timing and through His will!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Just the message I needed to hear. Last year, God told us to, "Go" back to my husband's home town. We moved. Our house hasn't sold yet and certain things are up in the air, but we did what He told us to do. My friends who are believers know it's been hard and instead of lifting up and encouraging during this difficult transition, encourage us to come back. This post so speaks to my challenges in following God's plan for our lives!

Patrinas Pencil said...

He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will,...

I just love how He does this, if we remain faithful!

Bold and timely message, Yolanda! Stand firm in God's choice in you!

We all have siblings like that! Even in our Kingdom family - Jesus was not well liked in his own town either. Thank God for our faithful siblings in Blogvilla here. It can be a very supportive, encouraging and Growing experience - even humbling!

I think God is well pleased with you, my dear sister. Dream BIG!

Blessings
Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Deborah Ann said...

Beautiful post...beautiful blog! I see Jesus is here, that's always a good thing...

Laura said...

This can be so true at times! But it's hard stuff to talk about, isn't it? I've had God call me to confess to a good friend for these very feelings. He often asks the hard things. But you know what? It's cured me of the problem! His wisdom knows no bounds.

Sending love to you, Yo!

Runner Mom said...

I love Joseph! What a beautiful story!

Yolanda, thank you for your encouraging words about my hair! It gets better with each shampoo!!!
Love you!!!
Susan

Denise J. Hughes said...

The words in this post are very timely for me right now. Thank you for your obedience to write.

Denise Hughes :)

Deborah Ann said...

Beautiful words today! There is so much treasure in Joseph's story...I often find my life running parallel to his. I'm so thankful he remained true to God!

sanjeet said...

Just awesome! You are such a dear sweet friend and I reach for the higher grounds with you. Striving for the deeper mysteries!
indian classified site