I've been participating with the LPM Blog summer study: loss, love & legacy. A study put out by Kelly Minter on the book of Ruth. It is coming to a close and today my Daily Scripture Calendar and the home work contained the same set of scriptures. That is not a coincidence!! When I read from my calendar first before doing my homework, it hit me afresh of the many blessing from God that I do NOT deserve. Actually, I do not deserve a single one of them, not a one.
Psalm 103:8-12 ESV:
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Reflecting upon love, loss and legacy, these three words, I can't help but think of my own journey this side of heaven. I have loved, I have had loss and I am leaving a legacy. What a blessing from the Lord to learn and grow from who I was to who I am today. More importantly whose I am today. I belong to the Lord, and my hearts desire is to live like one belonging to the Lord. Yes, I make mistakes and I beat myself up when I do, but then I remember that His compassion and mercy is new every day.
I would like to show you two current pictures that are MARKERS in my walk with Christ, walking out, love, loss and legacy.

This young man and I have been friends for years. His mother is extremely secure in her role as his Mom and shares her son with me, that is a huge blessing. Why? Because I have no birth-children of my own. But because of this family's loving kindness, I am blessed, thank you!
Next is a current picture of my Man and I with our grandchildren. Yes, I did say grandchildren. God did not hold onto His anger towards me, and His ways are much higher than mine, as well as He truly does not treat you and I the way our sins deserve. My heart is full, very full.
Father, thank You that Your intentions for us are for good when we turn away from the enemy and begin to walk in obedience to Your precepts. Thank You that I have most certainly not got what I deserved from my sins and disobedience. That You are just, but You are also loving and merciful. Father, may I be reminded of this when I tend to hold onto anger towards others and un-forgiveness. Because in all truth, we each have: loss, love and legacy. Thank You Father for the legacy You are allowing me to walk out through others as well as my own grandchildren. Thank You for markers that encourage me in my walk with You. In the only Name that can save, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Praying and rejoicing at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
10 comments:
I love these two photos. They truly are an outward showing of God's love, grace, and mercy. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
You are right! That is a beautiful legacy... And I'm happy God has blessed you!
Love and hugs,
Adrienne
Yolanda,
You can truly see all God's blessings in your life as captured in those two beautiful and loving pictures, just as He loves you.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
overflowing with blessings! :) Praise God! Thank you for sharing these sweet pics!
Blessings!
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~
I am so thankful that he does not deal with us as we deserve because I deserves so much worse than He has given me.
Love your pics. I'm seeking to leave a godly legacy as well...hence the topic of my soon to be published Bible study. About 4 more weeks I think.....getting sooo excited.
Leah
that is just the best picture of you and bill with the kids! so precious. i am so glad that God doesn't give us what we deserve but what He Himself deserves in our stead..
Oh Yolanda, you're so right... BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE. GOD'S GOOD!
Love the pictures so much... especially that beautiful smile of yours!!!
Wonderful thoughts... God is so good!
You are a great looking couple!! And what a blessing surrounds you:) WIsh I lived closer--I know we'd be good friends.
Yolanda, I also loved reading Psalm 103 and I'm loving this study, and reluctant to let it end, considering whether I will faciliate it to others again. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your pictures of your blessings and legacy!
Post a Comment