I'm still gathering my scriptures for spiritual warfare and to gird me up in my times of trial and testing. This particular test will soon be over, but I know that if I continue to draw closer to God, it will surely not be my last. I must always be ready and on alert for the enemy prowls around like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour, and he will NOT devour me, I will not let him. More importantly, God will not allow him to devour me. The enemy can do a lot of things, but he can not have me.
So I made a promise to God a few weeks back that in this particular time of testing that I would read through the book of Isaiah, and this morning Chapter 29 causes me to tremble. Woe to those who give lip service to our Mighty God! Woe to them that think they can do in the dark and be mean spirited and no one will know but those they are inflicting this upon. Woe to them that are haughty and unforgiving. God is my vindicator, and Sisters, God IS your, YOUR vindicator as well. TRUST HIM!
Verse 13 NIV:
These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.
It is so important to not just study God's word, but to put it into action and live it out, apply it to our lives and walk in obedience. Earlier this week a quote from our Daily Bread speaks of this very thing: The value of the bible does not consist merely in knowing it, but in obeying it.
Verse 19-20 NIV:
Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. The ruthless will vanish, the mockers will disappear, and all who have an eye for evil will be cut down.
Father, I once was on the other side, living out evil in the dark. But then You knocked on the door of my heart and I opened it wide to receive THEE, I crossed over to the other side. To YOUR SIDE. Lord, what is important to You, is becoming ever so important to me. Lord, thank You for continuing to speak to me, for pricking my heart with the things that hurt Your heart. That I remain sensitive to Your pricking, but less sensitive to the pricking of the evil one and his pawns. Father, I cry out to You this very day, keep me needy, Lord Jesus. Praising my Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Needy and desiring to glorify my Father in all things! This week I also came to the realization, that each trial is truly only temporary.
Yolanda at Higher Grounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm not a "shouter" but this post makes me want to shout!!! Thank you so much for sharing this Yolanda! I have been on both sides too. And was really convicted that a lot of time even now I am guilty of this verse: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men."
Happy Wednesday to you my friend in Christ!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
oh, yes this just speaks to my heart as well Yolanda. Indeed, I desire to be needy before Him always! Always seeking and always yearning to know Him more.
love to you
Praise His Holy and Sweet name. If we didn't have some easy times in between the those tough times I just don't know...Great word Yolanda.
Blessings,
Pat
I think I saw a quote the other day that was similar to this, "Faith without action is dead" - so true!
I have been the person who comes near with my lips but my heart was far from God. Oh, I never want to go back there again. NEVER.
Wonderful post, Yolanda.
Leah
Amazing how Jesus works with us patiently to prune our lives of things that need to go. But no sooner do we get through one trial - then another one comes along. "Yet He does not treat us as our sins deserve!" Praise God for that!
Or maybe it's just that I have more layers He needs to peel away [than most] so I can see more clearly! Whatever it takes, Lord, and no matter how LONG it takes! Get rid of it - if it doesn't glorify Your Name!
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
Great Post!! Praying that I might Fear God and nothing else!
Hope you are loving Revelation too :)
Are you doing ok? I will be praying you through this.
I have to say that before my husband lost his job, most of my trials were short lived, This one will be three years this August and I start to grow weary of hanging on some days and wonder when and if it will ever change or end.
Wonderful post Yolanda! He is all I need and my hearts desire is to grow closer to Him and need more and more of His Presence each day!!
Thanks for sharing!
He is Faithful!
Jackie
I stumbled across your blog today and you really have some great posts. I was wondering if you'd be interested in joining my blog team over at http://innerfulfillment.wordpress.com?
Take a look and let me know - madetomom@yahoo.com
I think a lot of women could benefit from your thought-provoking and encouraging posts.
Post a Comment