Thursday, July 8, 2010

Do not dwell

I'm thankful for each one of you that comes and encourages me through the pouring out of my heart, here at Higher Grounds. I'm thankful for those that are real and can say, I've been there, or I'm right there with ya. I'm also thankful for those of you that have reached the other side and can cheer lead me on, but only after I've spent time with my Savior can I feel that it is OK to share some of my life with you. Other wise, I'm just an electrical cord, being plugged into the Power Source but passing The Word on to what ever I am plugging myself into instead of stopping that flow and allowing The Word to sit and take root in me.

This morning before I ever arose, the Lord spoke to me and said, let the past be the past, look forward, look at Me.

Today I am clinging to Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV, and perhaps it may speak to your heart as well. In whatever your current season may be, wherever life has you.

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

1. Forget the former things!
2. Do not dwell on the past.
3. God is doing a new thing!
4. Now, NOW, it springs up;
5. Do I not perceive it?
6. God is making a way in the desert (the hot, dry, cracked, parched places)
7. God is making streams (He is pouring out LIVING WATER....making streams in the wasteland).

Father, Thank You for a new day. Thank You for providing for me and showing me that You are where my strength comes from. You are my Power Source, and I choose to stay plugged into You, and to allow myself to then become healed and whole. Father You are my joy, and my peace, and my strength. I am expecting and looking forward to the promise of A NEW THING! Thank You. I love You! Jesus. Amen.

No longer dwelling, but looking at my Abba Father at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

After I wrote and hit publish post on this particular writing, I then went blog hopping to some of my favorite writers/friends. I was so encouraged by Sassy Granny as well as Leah at The Point.

13 comments:

Andrea said...

"let the past be in the past"...boy did I need to hear that, today. Thank you, sweet friend for sharing Gods word for you with me! It was really for me...
Hugs,
andrea

TRUTH SHARER said...

God encrourages my heart every time He brings these verses from Isaiah to me. We gotta let go of the past so He CAN DO that new thing He wants to do.

A visual was given to me recently about this passage in the way of a garden.

If we don't root out the old [past stuff] weeds that have taken over - then there is no room for the flowers to thrive and grow and bloom. God wants to plant more flowers so He is asking us to dig up those weeds to make room for the new flowers He's about to plant in our lives.

Out with the old - in with the new!
He's designing a whole new garden life!

Blessings, Stephanie

Lora said...

I just pushed the publish button on my blog on a post about where I am choosing to look and here I come to visit you first and the LORD just confirms what He is speaking to my heart. Amen and AMEN.

I am so ready to forget what is behind, to the left, to the right. I just want to focus on Him, His power, His might.

Love you Yolanda!

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

What a great post to share today. I too, have been doing some wedding in my life and it's time to release some stuff and learn to live on the lighter side.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

what a great post my sweet friend. i just love how each of us can post so many different Truths that God is speaking, yet they all speak to one anothers hearts so powerfully.

Denise J. Hughes said...

Love, love, love that verse in Isaiah. God is doing a new thing! And I am so grateful. I love your heart as you share your life journey with us. What an encouragement you are.

shelly said...

Exactly what I needed to hear today. Hugs!

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Yolanda,
Don't you LOVE when you wake up with a WORD?!!! OHHHH!! It's awesome....
Thanks for sharing today!
Movin forward.... to Him.
Lea

Cindy said...

I am notorious for dwelling in the past. I so needed to hear this today. Thanks for sharing.

LisaShaw said...

Amen Yolanda!! Letting go of everything is hard to do at times but with GOD as our guide...surrendering it all to HIM then we can fully embrace all that HE has for our lives.

You are such an encouragement. I love you dear sister!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I definitely prefer to leave the past in the past. First, it would taint the present and future, and that is no fun. Second, I just don't have time to move backward; I am too busy treading water in place! Have a great Sunday!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yolanda....I don't think you truly know what a blessing you are to others! And to me...you don't have a past! You are only the PRESENT wonderful friend that I have come to know! I can see God taking you to Higher Grounds daily sister!!

Love ya!

Marilyn

Ginger said...

This really spoke to me today! Thanks for sharing!