Sunday, June 8, 2008

Even the wind and the waves obey Him!

Greetings on Saturday morning! Yes, Saturday, as I am enjoying being in our camper at the KTA Campground. OK, I'm thinking many of you may ask, what is KTA? Kansas Trapshooters Association. My husband is no longer able to play golf due to his back surgery in 1999 but has found enjoyment through shooting trap. I think that we all need something that we enjoy, that gives us a break from our jobs, that provides a release from "routines".

When we arrived here Wednesday late evening, the wind was howling. We set up the camper, crawled into bed, and it was like wow...that wind is really strong. Thursday morning, as I awoke, I looked over and said to Bill, "Sweetie I feel like I've been on a ship all night." (I want you to know, I've never been on a cruise ship, but I can only imagine now...and NO THANK YOU!) We were then in for strong storms all across the state of Kansas Thursday late afternoon and evening, and we decided to go purchase a "stabilizer" to try and weather the storm and have protection for the future. I also want you to know that I was a praying maniac all day. I truly prayed without ceasing for God's protection on each one of us in this campground. We were blessed as the Camper Supply store, actually they had two stabilizers to choose from. We arrived back, received help in putting it together, and let me tell you first hand, IT DID IT'S JOB! We weathered the storm, and have slept well the past two nights.

God answered my prayers! The storm seemed to have split and was severe north and south of us. We did have strong winds, but no hail, and the new piece of equipment that was in place truly helped with the rocking of our camper. God allowed there to be not just one, but two different "stabilizers" to be available when we walked into the store. We had a choice to make. Girlfriends, you and I have choices to make. We need to be prayed up and read up in God's word to make correct choices.

Now isn't the storms in our own lives difficult and don't we find ourselves crying out, LORD, I DON'T LIKE THIS; LORD THIS IS TO ROCKY; LORD THIS IS TO SHAKEY, LORD THIS IS TO ROUGH!! (Etc.)

Guess what, HE CALMS THE STORM! HE IS OUR STABILIZER! We have the authority if we will just take some gumption to call out and ask "God, I need your help. My life has become a choppy sea, and the winds of this storm are fierce upon me, Jesus, help. "

The stabilizer's for the tongue of campers are a tri-pod. Our Stabilizer is a tri-pod also, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There is a strength that can only come from God, Himself. He truly brings comfort, peace and calm in the midst of what rages around each one of us. I find that utterly amazing! He comes to each one of us that calls upon Him, many around the world at the same exact time, and steps in causing the rocking to cease.

**Jesus Calms the Storm** Matthew 7:23-27, Mark 4:35-41, Luke 8:22-25

7 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm all about my Tri-Pod! Wonderful analogy.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying some time camping. It's something I didn't grow up doing, but I think I would enjoy the break from routine.

Enjoy your time.

peace~elaine

Joyful said...

Wonderful reminder! We just drove home from church listening to our weather report of tornado warnings. How completely God to let me read this now - He is in control!
Trusting Him,
Joy

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I was able to experience God's stabilizing power today!! It is so amazing!!

Thanks for sharing!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Shirley Mary said...

Reading about the storm sure brought back memories of hurricane Rita. We were on the highway for over 9 hrs. We went approx. 200 miles from the coast but found ourselves in the path of the storm. We were in our motorhome and during the night the wind began to blow and we could hear limbs hitting the motorhome. We knew we needed to do something so we made it to the car in the wind and rain and went to a nearby church for refuge. There were limbs falling all around and some trees but we were not hurt.
We were very thankful for God's protecting hand all through the storm.

mary

Unknown said...

Whoo-Hoo! :)

Hey, I see that you have signed up for Beth's Bible Study as a solo participant. Well, so am I. Would you like to partner up?

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I want to partner with you guys...Is that ok? I see tiggerdaisy has asked first but could I join you guys? I was going solo too? Let me know.

Love in Him,
Teri

Heather - On the Road... said...

Yolanda,
I have been reading your post on and off for a while now.
This post about storms made me sit up and take notice. I have been relying on other things at times to get me through the storms. I think God is trying somehow to show me, yet again, that He is safe to trust.
thank you for your encouragement!
Heather