One morning as the sun was creeping closer to our front door of our vacation home, I was walking out with my reading material when I happened to just really take a good look at my surroundings. I had stepped over a small barrier of rocks that have been added as landscaping since our last trip, and this is what I saw. Is that not just the coolest?
I can tell you with sincere honesty that I wanted to take that rock home with me, but I knew that was stealing. So I pray that others will perhaps over come their desire to "take" as well. Allowing this small rock that would fill the palm of my hand for others to be blessed as well.
I love Thursday's as there are a small group of us that share our thanksgivings each week. I love how we BRAG ON GOD. I love how we take the time to PRAISE HIM from week to week. I want to encourage you this week to just be more aware of your surroundings. To have your eyes open to be looking for His signs to just your own heart. Remember, to praise Him because when we don't and choose to be silent....the stones (rocks) will cry out.
Sisters, Jesus is our Rock, the Rock of Israel, He hides us in the cleft of the Rock, thank Him.
1 Samuel 2:2 "There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God."
As we begin to zone in on just what Christ did for us in the next 8 days, this walk of remembrance in a disciple's life, let's be joyful that the tomb was empty.....
"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!" 2 Samuel 22:47
Lord, thank YOU for the blessings that You bestow upon each one of us. Thank You for Your Son that was perfect in every way and sacrificed His life for me, and for us. He chose death to give me (you) life. Lord, I pray that I do not take that lightly and that it impacts me so much that I can no longer remain silent, that I will cry out, HOLY. ABBA. PRAISE YOU FATHER. Jesus, thank You. Amen.
**Psalm 148 is a great place to be encouraged to Praise His Name! Lovingly, Yolanda
13 comments:
I join you in praising our God! He is mighty to save! He is our deliverer, our Rock, our Shepherd, our dearly loved Friend and Father!
I get so excited when you feel like he put something in your path - just for you to see like He did this rock. What amazing love!
Blessings - Lisa
I too do not want a rock to cry out in my place...
Tessa:)
What a beautiful message. I love the photo.
Jesus is our ROCK. Amen.
Sweet JESUS... I don't want no ole rock cryin out in myplace!
That is a BEEEEAUTIFUL photo. I'd have been tempted too but think you did the right thing. I wonder how many others will "see" it. I PRAY others see it!
I'm glad I got to. I'm holding that rock in my heart today.
I PRAISE YOU JESUS!
Thanks Yolanda,
Holykisses,
Lea
Beautiful picture!! And just in time for Easter, too!! How long do you stay at your vacation home? That is so great to be able to do that! Enjoy!!!
Marilyn
I am looking friend. I am looking for a stronger more intimate relationship with my Savior. He is indeed my rock.
PS - I just got back from holding my sweet new little Sawyer and spending time with precious little Bryton. God is so good!
I just so do not want to fail my Jesus!!
Leah
You already know how much this passage speaks to me!! I love your term: BRAG ON GOD!
He is the one doing all the work in and around and through us - so He's the One who deserves the praise and glory! Heaven forbid that any rock should need to cry out!
We must continue to share His love and His ways with those around us and especially share in praising Him!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]
I too praise Him Yolanda! I love that picture..how cool is He to show you that? My eyes were instantly drawn to the cross.
Great post!
Yolanda:
Seeing these rocks reminds me of the "take away" gift I'm making for each of my Bible study ladies as we approach the end to Esther. There's nothing like a stone of remembrance to stoke the fires of thankfulness. As we move ever closer to celebrating the rolled away stone this week, may our hearts be filled with an awesome gratitude for just exactly the price that has been paid on our behalf by our gracious and loving Father.
peace~elaine
This is an awesome picture!! I love when we see nature calling His name!
Do you see the rock with that cross...I would have taken that one to use as a prayer rock!! I'm bad like that....
Beautiful message here girl!
In His Graces~Pamela
Post a Comment