Good morning, what a glorious morning. The sun is up, the air is a cool breeze, the birds are chirping and God has granted us another day. I awoke with such a happy thankful heart, thankful for so much and especially today as it is our wedding anniversary.
We all know someone that is either separated from their spouse or talking/walking through a divorce. Those can be UGLY times, Friends, because I've walked that road myself as well as my husband. I'm so thankful for where the two of us are today, and yet saddened by where I see others. There is such a fine line between love and hate, isn't there? ESPECIALLY without Jesus! If the Holy Spirit is not dwelling with-in the two then love isn't true love. And if there is an unbeliever here reading, please know I'm not attacking. I'm just standing on the Truth of God's Word. 1 John 4:19-21 "We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, 'I love God', yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother."
Sunday our Pastor's sermon title was One Month To Live, and if we knew we had only one month to live how would we live our lives differently? How would we speak to others and treat them? Who would we reach out to and simply say, I love you? We should live every day like we have one month to live. Because we have no idea when God is going to call us home. This scripture seems to speak to me along the thoughts of Pastor's sermon on Sunday from James 2:9: "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have bee made in God's likeness." 1 Peter 4:8 "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
Those that don't know Jesus and think that He is not real, or that He can not do what the Word of God says He can do and WHO HE IS.....what I have to gently say to you is that if loving GOD is wrong, then I don't want to be right. Yes, that is a twist off of an old Barbara Mandrell song from the 70's, but it just came into my thoughts this morning as I was reflecting upon my marriage and the goodness of God. I love God, I love my man and may my heart reflect His love for YOU.
Reaching for Higher Grounds with my Lord and Savior and thankful for my marriage and my precious husband.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Happy Anniversary !!! I hope you have a wonderful day!
My heart has been heavy since Sunday when I heard about a neighbor who is getting divorce. They are young. With 3 small kids. I wish there was something I could do to stop the ball from rolling. To keep these kids from having to spend the rest of their young lives going from Mama's house to Daddy's house! Please pray that if there is anything that I could do that would make a difference that God would reveal it to me.
God bless you!
Marilyn
I'm with you - and the song - "if loving God is wrong - I don't want to be right."
Yes, some days it is tough living without my mate... especially after being married for 34 years to the same man. Yet God chose to reward my husband when God gave Him an 'early retirement' in heaven! And now, God is my full-time husband [and a Mighty Good One - I might add]!!
I am thankful for hardworking - happy, and redeemed marriages like yours and Bill's, Yolanda. It shows that 'nothing is too hard for our God' - when we turn to Him in repentance - and desire to do things His way!
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]
I don't want to be right either! God has lavished His love on me so extravagantly in recent days.., i feel like I'm going to burst! I love Him so!
Happy Anniversary dear friend!
Blessings - Lisa
Happy Happy anniversary! Yay, celebrating with you.
Love covers a multitude of sins, no? God has been whispering love to me in some difficult situations lately.
Thanks for this reminder, friend.
Oh! Happy Anniversary, Yolanda!
Yes, if loving God is wrong, I don't want to be right either.
And if I only had a month to live...hmmmm. I have pondered this before, many times. Today, there are only a few things that would be left undone, but those few things are things that I will continue to try and make right!
Love your post today, thanks!
Happy Anniversary sweet friend! I meant to tell you earlier, but I have been a little busy with my daughter and her baby and little boy. THe hospital is 60 miles from where we all live and I have been going back and forth and then of course we are taking care of little Bryton while they are at the hospital with Sawyer. Still in the NICU but he is so much better!
Love you - Beth
Yolanda
What a difference we could make if we lived every day like the last, especially as Chrisitans...I think our lives would be greater and that we would be blessed beyond measure. I think this because...I know I would be seeking God more and wanting to tell about God more, I would want my hands to be clean, and my robe as White as the snow...
I love you and your honesty...
God Bless you and your hubby, shine you light!!!
Tessa
Yolanda - I think there is another outlook to your post. When I had cancer I thought to myself...I should write a book and title it, "We should treat everyone like they have cancer." I was treated so kindly by so many people. In many cases by people I did not even know. Not only should we examine how we would want to spend our last month of our own lives, but how we should treat people every day...as if we knew this was their last day here on earth. I was treated so kindly by many people. I wondered to myself is there something wrong in that we treat people kindly when they get sick, but we don't treat them with the same love and favor on a day to day basis? You treated me with such kindness and love...which I will never forget. I continue to thank God every day for your beautiful caring heart. Love - Teri
Happy anniversary, Yolanda! Love is, indeed, a gift worth preserving. With God's love within, we are equipped to love the most excellent way. How I pray to be that kind of lover everyday of my life.
peace~elaine
Good words Yolanda!! As you spoke of one month to live I thought of our pastor's words from this past Sunday as well - time is short, the future is now. We can't wait to love our husband, share our faith or do whatever God is calling us to do - there are no guarauntees! Thanks for reminding me of that today!!
Wow sister! Your blog is fantastic. (I enjoyed looking at both of your blogs.) Keep up God's good work!
Happy Anniversary.
I love the post about thinking what you would say differently to people if you only one month to live. It makes me ponder. Would I speak more bodly about God and how awesome he is. Would I not care about being called intolerent, or all the other words used to describe my belief that Jesus is the messiah.
Thank you Yolonda for those words.
Blessings,
Carol
Post a Comment