Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Am I being like one of these?

WARNING....THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!!

This morning I could tell that Daisy was not happy, so I went to look and there was a Momma Pheasant and her brood antagonizing our basset hound. They were digging and searching for food. I ran for my camera and just as I opened the door they took off running. So I was only able to take one quick photo of one of her babies running away.

When I down-loaded the picture to share with you and the word I received, there were other neat visuals to go along with what God had just spoken to my heart.


Are we like this baby cottontail, hiding from God and His word? When we do so, we become timid and shy, scared of so many things that God did not intend for us to shy away from, Girlfriends and guy friends.



Are we like this bull snake, slithering away from God and His word? When we do, we can become mean and cause others to be fearful of us. God did not intend this for us, nor for us to slink away from Him, His intentions are for us to be His sons and daughters, to be in communion with Him.



Are we like this young pheasant, running away from God and His word after just digging into His word and seeking Him? These pheasants weren't just digging for food for the fun of it, they were hungry. God intends for us to dig and feast upon His word, to always be seeking Him, to always come hungry and ready for a feast....not running away.

Are we like the spider, spinning and weaving tales and lies? God never ever intended for us, as Believer's, to stray from truth.

Are we like this rat, caught red handed and walking in disobedience? Let's you and I not allow the world to trap us into fear, guilt and condemnation!! God intends for us to be free!





God's desire is for us to be like this beautiful hibiscus, digging deep into the soil. Allowing ourselves to be watered by the truths of God's Word and allowing what we read to take root and grow us into something beautiful. Right where He has planted us!




Father, Thank You for showing us through out Your word, Your plans for our lives. That to be in the center of Your will, gives You pleasure, and causes us to be recipients of Your many blessings. Lord, You and You alone are God. Over and over as I continue to read through Isaiah, You tell us that You are the Lord, there is no other. Father, Thank You for Holy Writ and for it's healing and changing powers. Continue to mold us Lord. In Your Son's Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Blooming at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

**Isaiah: 42:8; 43:11; 43:25; 44:6b; 45:5 & 7

10 comments:

Loren said...

This is sooo anointed! Thank you Yolanda for being obedient to the Spirits Words today!

TRUTH SHARER said...

Great visuals that God gave you! Since you've been seeking Him this entire year - He has given you 'eyes to see and ears to hear' Him - in all that He is doing in and around you.

All these questions are worth pondering in our hearts - in order to respond to the Lord of the Harvest. He's preparing us - making us ready for the journey ahead. And some 'stuff' - including slithering away or hiding out - or disobedience -won't cut it where He's taking us!

I want to be ready! I know you do too! Thanks for sharing His TRUTH!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

Leah Adams said...

A post to cause us to soul search to be sure.

Please tell me you used a zoom lens to shoot the snake picture!! Please!!! Made my skin crawl to even look at it.

Leah

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Great pictures and great thoughts! You certainly have a myriad of animals around your place! Don't know if I could handle having so many of those bull snakes around! You're a brave woman!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Unknown said...

Great visuals! I love all of your pictures and how vividly they make your points.

No, I do not want to be those critters - especially not that snake!

I love the picture of the flower - soaking up like we are supposed to do.

Thanks for sharing such a good word today!

Blessings,
Melanie

Jennifer Taylor said...

I have compared myself to Jonas. For so long I didn't want to write Christian fiction, because I thought it was simply Christian Entertainment, and then I read Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love and was so inspired by how God touched my heart through that story. I realized Christian fiction is like parables that God can teach to people. I finally stopped running, but then I mourned the years I had wasted. God is so good. He's now restoring those years to me.

Beth E. said...

A wonderful message with great pics to go along with it! Do you really have all of those critters in your back yard? I mean, we have bunnies, but SNAKES??? Eeek...

Runner Mom said...

This was fabulous! What great pictures for these truths that God wants us to learn! I'm with the other gals, I do pray that you used a zoom for the icky snake!! Mercy, girl!
Love ya!
Susn

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Great post friend!! Great Visuals!!! Awesome message!!!

Believing him~Pamela

Terri Tiffany said...

Ok--- I could do without the rat and snake pictures but the rest I loved! Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us:)