Can you tell where I'm headed? We decided to drive across the island to dine on fresh fish for our lunch and to slip away for a few hours. We left, excited and our taste buds gearing up for we have a favorite little local diner we enjoy. Jamming to some oldies, watching the whales teach their babies as we drove along on the highway, when God opened up the heavenlies and POURED rain upon us.
We came 3,000 miles prepared for some rain, it always rains a day or two while we are here. Oh, just a minute, there is a whale right here, thank You Father for causing me to glance up. Back to my thoughts and visual this morning. I came with my rain jacket, Bill leaves his here on Maui packed in our box. But for the life of us we did not even THINK to bring our rain slickers with us in the car as we drove out for lunch. As we abandoned our car to make a quick dash for cover, we just weren't quick enough. Oh, Bill and I were soaked, drenched, not a dry spot anywhere on either one of us. It was almost hysterical, if I hadn't been so cold.
Can't we be like that Sisters with the word of God? We just go along in our day to day life, in the midst of the mundane, and leave God behind? He doesn't leave us, we leave Him. I very rarely go anywhere with out the word of God with me. I heard a very well known speaker say once that she never leaves home without her bible. She might need a snack, a morsel of His Word. I'm like that as well yet with total honesty, there are times that I tend to leave Him behind.
Luke 1:16-17 NIV "16Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. 17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV "However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'"
2 Timothy 4:2 NIV "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."
1 Peter 3:15 NIV "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
Father God, Thank You for the gentle reminders and visuals that You bless me with that speak LIFE into my own life. To encourage me to be PREPARED, to not be lazy or lacking for You have provided all that I need. Lord, may we, together, strive to learn more and love even deeper. In Your Son's Name, Jesus Christ. AMEN.
Lovingly as I reach for Higher Grounds, becoming prepared with God,
Yolanda
11 comments:
It must indeed be an ongoing relationship... don't take Him for granted! Pour forth a fresh drenching in us Father...awaken our spirits where we slumber and take You for granted...that You would be our first love indeed!
Hey Yolanda!
Prepared, in season and out.
I used my imagination and smiled from ear to ear. ;)
Tossin you a towel to dry off and
a 7up candybar.
Holykisses,
L
Hi, Yolanda! I read this post with a big smile... yes, my imagination was at work. Somehow, I get the sneaky feeling that you enjoyed that soak... and yes, I agree that we do tend to leave God behind. Thanks for sharing this important lesson.
Incidentally, my heart leaped when I found out you live on the island of Maui. My husband Ernie loved that island. He is a Haggai international lecturer who visited your island twice a year the past three years, to conduct training courses with participants from many parts of the world. He would always come back home with very many wonderful stories of that island. He had hoped that someday I would be able to join him on one of his trips. We could have met!
Maybe, one of these days...
I enjoy the way you share your heart so openly on your blog. It is refreshing!
I need to keep my Bible more handy, especially when I'm on the go. I have a new pocket Bible that I'm going to stick in my purse from now on.
I can't even imagine the beauty of where you're at right now. Yes, you should keep a camera also handy.
Have a great time.
peace~elaine
I'm prepared to tell you I am SO jealous of you right now in Maui. LOL!
Have a great time and stay dry. :)
God be with you!
Hi Yolanda! I'm Arlington Tea Party. I was signed in on my other blog and didn't realize it. :)
Always glad for those Showers of blessings! Hope you can snap a few pics of where you are. Sounds beautiful.
Marilyn
Loved this post as it stirred so many thoughts:
1 Peter 3:15 NIV - that you quoted is so special those first few words are like golden nuggets:
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared..."
Reminds me of when I first came to Christ at age 14... someone drew a simple picture of two circles with a chair representing the throne of my life in each one. The first circle had ME sitting on it [in stick figure form]. The second had a cross sitting on the throne representing Christ as my new Lord and Master.
So often when people come to Christ - they accept Him as Savior only - but forget to allow Him to become Lord of their lives.
The next part of the 1 Peter passage says:
"always be prepared..."
"MasterWord" - never leave home without Him!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]
When I was young, I lived on an island in the Pacific(we played outside in those downpours). Our flight's stop over was Hawaii. I have been to Maui. I loved it there &the beautiful scenry and sunsets! Yes, even downpours!
The flowers are so beautiful. No luaus?? No Hula dancing??
Yes, it is great to have God's word to feed on and sustain us through whatever we are facing :)
Miriam
p.s.-thank you for your prayers
Sounds like you are having a wonderful, relaxing time. I am so glad. Enjoy every minute!!
Leah
Learning... Yes, Learning... What it means to abide. I can leave my cell phone, my computer, my books and all my family at home for a day, but I don't want to leave the Lord's side for a second. I need Him so... Thanks for this great illustration and word from the Lord. Have fun my friend. I wish I'd known you were going to Hawaii, I'd have packed myself away in your suitcase! HA! Write when you can. Blessings
Post a Comment