Girlfriends, I'm on about my 4th cup of coffee this morning as I arose early after a restful night of sleep. But...I arose early because I knew I needed some alone time with God because I'm wrestling over something. Something that I feel is important enough to share because God is God and I am not!
I have had more than one conversation in the period of about 5 days of hurting women seeking....simply seeking. Our world is full of hurting people, and many know that God is their only answer. As I have come up along side women hungry to be exactly who and what God designed them to be....I am learning also to be aware or discerning of where I go for answers.
I am going to submit for you to read a few scriptures from Titus 2 NIV:
Verse 1: You must teach what is in accord with sound
doctrine.
Verse 3-6: Likewise, teach the older women to be
reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine,
but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their
husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to
be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the
word of God.
Verse 7 & 8: 7In everything set them an
example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and
soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may
be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
Verse 11-14: 11For the grace of God that brings
salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness
and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in
this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of
our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us
from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own,
eager to do what is good.
Any one of us, you or I, that have been walking with God one day or many days are to be taught and are to teach others. How? By setting an example. These instructions are given to each one of us from God as he spoke and/or wrote this through Titus that had been instructed and/or associated with Paul for 15 years.
Because of my love for Christ and what He has done for me, I hunger to help others, to point them to the only One that can truly help them. Verse 4 and 5 are truly life-lines for us as women for harmony in our homes. And if harmony is in our home, then it flows over into our work/social life as well. I think that as a woman that has walked with God for longer than a day, something that I truly see and I feel that many over look is that we are to be BUSY AT HOME. The world we live in today, doesn't really encourage women to be at home. We are so encouraged to GET INVOLVED!!! But God says to be busy at home, you and I. When our involvement is to the point that our calendars are filled for every day, when we are gone more on a consistent basis than we are at home....hmmm, this may be the very reason why we are out of kilter. Perhaps it is time to do some prioritizing, or reflect upon what GOD really wants you or I to be doing. Let's ask Him what He wants or intends for us to participate in and then be obedient.
Perhaps as you read these verses something has hit you afresh in the way, we, as women are to be living. I would honestly love to hear your input, but more importantly I know that God would love to have a conversation with you as well.
It is extremely vital that we would point others always to God and His word. Not to man, but to God, He alone is God and He will not stand for another to steal or even share His glory.
Father in Heaven, thank You for guidance and direction as women in this generation You have chosen for us to serve in. May we always point the one You have brought into our presence to YOUR PRESENCE. That we would not steal Your thunder, but remain humble and thoughtful of our own past, present and future. We are not immune to our own hurts and mistakes which aid us to not become prideful. That we not become a god to these lovely ladies, but point them to the One True God. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Lovingly.....Yolanda
Higher Grounds
12 comments:
In the beginning of December last year the Lord gave me the verses from Titus 2:11-14 from the ESV. So profound and He asked me to share them with everyone and anyone I came in contact with. It even went on my Christmas letter too! Now here they are again! Still profound to me!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
Yolanda
My husband and I read-together-all of Titus on Monday night. I think I will now go back on my own for a deeper study of this book. Thank you for this.
Tess:)
I feel like saying Amen each time read your blog. You are so filled with encouragement and Love for God it shines right out there for all of us!
You are so right Yolanda! All of the glory belongs to Him. He reminded me of that earlier this morning!
Blessings - Lisa
Yolanda,
Thank you for the blog comment. I would love to hear your opinion of Brother Lawrence's book once you finish reading it!
Have a blessed day!
Katie
Awe Star Ministries
Hi there. I wanted to come by and say congratulations that you won one of the copies of Stone Crossings over at The Wellblog. Blessings as you read...
Hey, girlfriend!
Maybe you heard...
You won! Send me your snail mail (I know I have it somewhere, but if you don't mind sending it to me again just in case...) and I'll pop your book in the mail ASAP!
laraj@suddenlink.net
I know you will be blessed by this book!
Yolanda:
You are always so full of rich words and truth. I know that God has laid them on your heart, and I greatly appreciate how you always lead us readers back to the heart of God. I need to be there tonight.
peace~elaine
Hey sweet friend. I agreee wholeheartedly with this post.You are right on target here as always. I love the way you speak from your heart and God's Word.
Hope that you had a great day!
In Him,
Beth
Right now I am filling several roles--writer, speaker, wife, pharmacist, ministry leader. I want to do each of them with excellence. Thanks for a great post.
Leah
Congratulations on winning the book over at Laura's blog.
Sounds like a neat book.
Amen, dear one! Spoken so beautifully. Thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you. It's funny that as many times as I've read this passage, I've never picked up on the phrase that says we are to be "busy at home" like today. I'm sure there's a reason for that. I'm off to think and pray on this one...
Blessings,
Tracy
Post a Comment