I got to wondering just how many verses or scriptures there happen to be in the Word of God, and I was amazed! Do you have any idea?
There are 1,189 Chapters and there are 31,103 numbered verses with an additional 137 that are unnumbered. WOW....WOW....WOW.
Can I just tell you, that I am struggling with memorizing 24 of them. The struggling is coming more from where the scripture itself is at and what version I used to memorize the particular verse from. Lord, help me!
I've heard of men and women that have memorized whole books from the bible. I can't even imagine! I'm thinking that I should have started a LOOOOOONG time ago. What a comfort to know we are told to not live under condemnation and SEEK GOD FOR OURSELVES. I am so thankful that when I first became a Believer and started studying God's word on my own and began an in-depth study on my own, that the author suggested to begin memorizing God's Word. To hide it in my heart. I still have that first set of spiral note cards. I desire to continue placing God's Word on my heart until the Lord comes to take me home and I rise to the challenge of learning and memorizing.
Romans 8:1-3 NIV: 1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man
I pray that my note cards with my memory verses written out will be tattered and torn just like my bible. I will have clung to those verses, seeking them for comfort as God HIMSELF can only comfort. The scriptures that I have been memorizing have brought much solace to my heart.
My next memory verse: John 3:30 NIV "He must become greater; I must become less."
I'm wondering today, what verse you happen to be clinging to, perhaps even writing upon your own heart and memory?
Lovingly,
Yolanda
HIGHER GROUNDS
12 comments:
Amos 3:7 is my verse till the end of the Month:
"The Lord God does nothing without revealing his secert to his servants the prophets."
this so encourages me!!
That's the verse Alivia and I are starting with!!!
love you much,
Lelia
How was Maui?
Oh - for the love of God's Word!!!I'm right there with you... should have started memorizing [more] a long time ago.
Your sripture choice today is very special to me:
Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...
was the verse that led me to receive Christ as Savior and Lord when I was just 14 years old. A young woman spoke at the youth group I was attending and when she got to this verse - the LIGHT BULB went on in my heart and the zeal of the Lord took over my entire being as I gave my heart and life to the Lord! I will never forget that simple verse - that was profound truth to my ears, head and heart!
And yes, let's keep on keeping on with learning His Word - it's never too late and I am learning all NEW verses for the commitment of this year.
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."
John 15:4
I have been convicted of this recently (many times). I *think* that I'm seeking and following Him, but I end up realizing that I'm trying to do things on my own, on MY schedule.
When I truly seek Him, I find Him there, and He sustains me.
So comforting.
Dana
Yolanda: I can not limit my favorite verse down to just one...and I just realized why...There are too many...too meaningful...to limit down to one and call that your favorite. (I just could not understand, why I didnt' have a favorite scripture?)
I am still holding on to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end."
I probably would skip to the second one!:)) I know you are going to do awesome!!
Precious Yolanda,
I've missed you!!! I ran over to your blog this evening to get a full dose of JESUS and I surely did!
I can understand fully what you're sharing as I've been doing LPM also this year. Here is my verse for the 3/15
1 John 2:5-6 (NIV) But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
Love you and I'm so glad to see you're still pressing in for JESUS!
Ok, Yolanda. Now you KNOW that my scripture cards will NOT be tattered, because I have rewritten them 4 times already!! Oh, my, I hope I can restrain myself from doing it anymore.
I don't have my new verse yet. But I love this one:
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13
Love ya friend,
Beth
Yolanda, just thinking of God's word and being in the presence of such lovers of the word makes me want to jump up and down and run around :)
I love it.
But for now I am going to contain myself and say that I believe this is going to be my next scripture for memorization.
"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." 2 Cor. 1:20
Blessings,
Vickie
Maybe I should choose your verse...it's easier to remember, but the impact of it, far reaching! He must become greater; I must become less.
Keep to it, friend. I'm right there with you in my memorizing.
peace~elaine
I am going to find my permanent marker right now! Loved that! I am thrilled that you have kept up the scripture memorization!! YOu rock! I fell off the bandwagon in February!! I will hop back on it though this weekend...the Extra-Ordinary Women's conference is coming to town! Can't wait for a boost from the Holy Spirit!!
Hugs,
Susan
Hey! My email is under my profile on the sidebar of my blog...just added it recently! Let me know if you can't find it!! Not sure what you're referring to...sound really cool!!
Holler at me!
Hugs,
Susan
Post a Comment