Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight

This morning as the wind blows and the air is cool for a Maui morning, I really am sensing that perhaps we don't get real with ourselves and God. Meaning myself too, Friends, I'm looking deep with-in myself as well.

It becomes easy to look at others and think they are missing it. I don't want to be to hard on us, me or you, but I am sensing a push from God and honestly it is a tad bit uncomfortable. I've walked long enough to know, that when He is pushing, there is a reason and I don't want to miss it.

I've been praying for the Church as a whole since January 1st. Not just my group of fellowship Believers that I attend Sunday morning services with, or our community study group, or even my close friends that are my Sisters In Christ, but ALL Bible Teaching-Believing-LIVING Congregations as well as ALL our Brothers and Sisters In Christ. We serve a BIG GOD, and our BIG GOD knows exactly who these lovely people are, inside and out. That is The Church. You and I are part of The Church from the moment we accepted Christ into our hearts.

Who are you and I emulating? Who does the world perceive you and I to be? Who or WHAT are we really? Ouch? Ouch! Oh my, ouch, Lord.

Are we a robot just being what is fed into us like a computer chip but absolutely NO EMOTION? Are we like a scarecrow that just blows here and there with no purpose? Are we like the Tin Man with no heart? Or are we, you and I being JESUS.

2 Corinthians 2:16-17 "To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God."

Ephesians 6:5-7 "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,"

Philippians 3:9-11 "and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

After I wrote part of this and put it on the back burner, an hour or so later God placed on my own heart to read from Hebrews and Chapter 3 just brought this to fruition for me. I pray that it does you as well, and encourages you. Please grab your own bibles and read ALL of Chapter 3, but I am enclosing verses 12 & 13: "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." As well as Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."


Father, today as we look deep inside of ourselves and allow You in as well, reveal to us Lord areas that we need to desperately turn over to You. We are so quick to tell others that we are Christians by our clothing, our jewelry even the bumper stickers on our vehicles when our SELVES are telling the world, perhaps something entirely different. Lord, I'm positive that I want to be what these items profess, Your Child. I'm positive that others do as well. Lord, cause us to go the extra mile, to be kind, to be sensitive, to be like You. Lord, I want to emulate You. I love ya Lord, I'm so thankful for You, and I Praise Your Name. Amen.

Lovingly,
Yolanda w/Higher Grounds

15 comments:

Yolanda said...

A sermon snippet I received after writing this confirming to me and thought you all might appreciate it as well. Author is Unknown but I received from E-Word Today.

Forget about the faults of others. Deal with your own.

I have plenty of my own faults, it's like don't worry about the toothpick in my friends eye, instead deal with the LOG in my own.

I'm so thankful for GRACE and that this walk with Christ is a process.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Leah Adams said...

I'm so thankful that He loves us in spite of us. Who but a merciful God could know me inside out and still love me AND die for me. He is indescribable.

Leah

Miss Janet said...

Amen, and amen...

I recently read a stat: 80% of our children are leaving the "faith" after college.

Is it because we aren't being "real"?

Thank you for your post!

Have a beautiful day!

Miss Janet said...

My husband and I both saw plenty of Christians who weren't "real" while growing up. We never knew the power of God, just stories. God drew us in to a true faith as we became parents ourselves.

No matter the age, let them see the power of God. It is truly inspiring! Keep being REAL!

I think your blog shows what a lovely, God fearing Christian woman you are. Just the fact that you are willing to be "real" is such proof that God is alive in YOU!

Beth Herring said...

Ouch is right, yolanda. I just read those verses in Hebrews this week and have pondered on it some too.

We need to be real. Oh, Lord I want to be real. I recall something that Beth Moore says"

Fruit that only surfaces in public is not real. It is only plastic.


In Him,
Beth

2 more days til baby!

Lisa Smith said...

Yolanda,

How did you know that I've seen "Bob" and the "yellow road" with my 3 yr old all week?!?

Love, love the analogy. Tonight when we watch it again I'll be meditating on these verses and your message.

Thank you for your faithful encouragement.

TRUTH SHARER said...

Reminds me of what Beth Moore has said over and over about the letters she receives. They all thank her for being "real". And her question back to them is - "why is being real such a rare thing?"

We all have 'stuff' that God is dealing with - and when He brings us to the other side of some of that - by His grace and mercy - we need to share it in order to help others through similar situations.

But... as you and others have said - we need to deal with our own 'stuff' before pointing any fingers at others' issues.

Maybe there are some others who can help us 'deal'!!

Thanking God again for His mercy and grace to redeem a life like mine - from the ashes of my past - to the grace of my present - to the hope of my future!

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]

Kari Dana said...

Oh, my.

God has been showing me verses, devotionals and now posts along these lines for a few weeks now. Judgment-type verses and the like. He has been encouraging me to look deeper and be real. I'm beginning to realize that I've been stalling on digging deeper.

Oh, what a beautifully humbling post that confirms what He's been showing me.

Thank you, Yolanda,
Dana

Melinda said...

Wow. That packed a punch. Ouch, indeed. But, as they say...it was a "good" hurt!

Blessings,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Yolanda
YES!!! I have been pondering on this too all week! We have to bind together...we have to LOVE our fellow man, Christian or Sinner, with the love that Christ Jesus does us! We have to be BOLD and TRUTHFUL. Speak the word, show the word within us, and teach the word! Sparing feelings when asked about Christ and the Christian walk is not doing ANYONE any good...for if we lead a man astray and not telling the TRUTH then we are walking in the sin with them...Who ever we do not tell the TRUTH of the Word to, we Will stand in Judgement of that.

valerie said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation.
I love the sunset picture you posted.
Maui is my favorite place....so relaxing and so beautiful!
I hope to get to go again one day.
Talk to you soon!

Laura said...

I love visiting you here, Yolanda! such good fruit I walk away with. I'm dealing with mine, little by little. It's sometimes hard to look in that mirror, but I know it's what He requires.

Trying to catch up after a week away! Hope all is well, sending love and prayers.

Laura

nomore said...

thank you friend. I needed a GOOD reminder to add the CHURCH to my prayers. It is important, very important.

Blessings to you :O)

Terri Tiffany said...

Amen again! So are you in Hawaii again???

Kristen said...

What is it that Beth Moore has said...
"Lord I want you to burn the fake right out of me!"

I want to be real... authentic! I also want people to see that yes, I am not perfect and that's why I need HIM!

Missed visiting your blog - glad to be back on track!