Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
We tend to think of this particular passage of scripture in the visual of the change of a caterpillar to a butterfly. I so desperately wanted to no longer be who I used to be. I so desperately wanted others to see the new me and forget the old me. This morning in my inbox I had such a beautiful quote: "How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." -Trina Paulus
This quote speaks volumes, absolutely volumes! Our want to has to become so important that we become willing to give up our old nature.
This weekend we've had the pleasure of having our "girls" home. This is the first time that this has happened and while we love having the entire family, it was just an extra special time of togetherness. Saturday morning we had a little picnic with our breakfast.
I think often of how I have a picnic with God in His word. I love when He feeds me little nuggets that so sweeten my daily life and nourish me. This week I've had more of a struggle than normal as I've had the stomach virus that seems to have swept across our nation. Friday afternoon I was starting to feel overwhelmed as I had things that needed to be done at the office to prepare for vacation, and because it was the first of the month. I hadn't been in the office for two days and honestly, I hadn't been in God's word because it was all I could do to eat a few saltines, drink some water and crawl right back into bed. Plus I had not one thing prepared for the girls coming home. Then my commitment for scripture memorization hit me as well, as I hadn't even begun to memorize my 1st of the month scripture. I was becoming over whelmed. Then on Friday evening just as the girls were to be walking in the door, I went to my flip calendar and here God fed me with a much needed morsel:
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25 NIVGod is so good to me! I just welled up on the spot and felt so much like God had just given me some breathing room. I think THIS is the scripture God wants me to place on my heart for the 1st!
This morning as we were preparing for our good byes and enjoying the early morning, I thought just how appropriate. If my kitchen table could talk, I just wonder what all it would tell? Countless hours have been spent here, all times of the day and evening. Just my precious God and I! My Man and I, our family, our friends, and yes even a complete stranger or two have sat at our table.
I am so thankful that God has refreshed me today, and that He continues the good work He began in me November of 1999.
Father God, thank You for the gift of LIFE. For family and the time that we invest in one another. For the love that pours fourth from Your word, from my kitchen table and especially from our hearts. Lord, I ask that You would touch the bodies around the world that are fighting illness's', heartaches, and loneliness. That they would go to Your word and find that special nugget You have hidden for just this very day. Lord, You are the lover of my soul. Amen.
Psalm 34:8 NIV "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Lovingly,
Yolanda
14 comments:
Thank you for sharing your nuggets of truth with us. You never fail to encourage me to keep striving for the finish line that lies ahead.
Blessings - Lisa
Yolanda, I so enjoy coming here. You are always a great blessing and encouragement. I love it that whatever you share is always so fresh.
May God continue to bless and strengthen you as you do the same to others when you share His truths.
blessings,
Vickie
I loved the quote you shared about needing to desire to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. Definitely something to ponder.
And I know what you mean. . .He always provides the right verse just when we need it.
I hope you are overcome with His joy this week!! :)
Great post on trusting God with who He wants to make us. Glad I stopped by,
Sonya
I loved the pictures and yes you always refesh me! Enjoy your vacation time away!!
yes thank you Lord for the gift of life!
what a precious memory shared!
Oh, what a beautiful post. You're so right...God feeds us those wonderful little nuggets just when we need them. Never fails to bring a fresh flood of love in my heart for Him. Praising God that He found you in 1999, and that you're here leading others His way a decade later! What an encourager you are! = )
Your weekend with the girls looks like it was a great time. Hope you're feeling all better by now!
Blessings,
Tracy
Yolanda, what a great God we serve! I am so thankful that the Lord restored your strength and enjoy your family :)
Miriam
Yolanda, I'm glad you are feeling better. Loved the pictures of you, your hubby, and your girls! Precious!
I appreciate your words of wisdom today.
God bless,
Marilyn
Yolanda - I wish I could come put my feet under your table (and you could come sit by my fire).
But alas, we will enjoy these blog visits until we finally get to meet!!!
I loved your pictures and your nuggets have refreshed and refueled me this evening...
Bless you my friend,
Jan
I love all of His Word - but sometimes those 'nuggets' are like candy that you just suck on for days!!! I have a sweet tooth!
Hope you are feeling all better now and so glad you enjoyed that time with your family! What a sweet treasured time you had! Blessings to you, my friend!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Time to FLY]
I hope you're feeling better.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your family. Looks like you all had a great weekend. The breakfast picnic looked like fun.
Just think how nice & relaxing that vacation is gonna be! Oh how I love Maui! There's just no place quite like it.
I love the verse about being refreshed. God is so good!
Love ya,
Valerie
Truly, your passion for God is a source of deep inspiration for me. I know I'm getting the real deal from you, Yolanda. God is shaping you in a mighty good way for his good and mighty purposes.
Thanks for sharing your table with me.
peace~elaine
LOVE the picture of you and the fam!
I'm just smilin from ear to ear!
WISH I could sit across that table with you my friend!
ENJOY your vacation!
Holykisses,
Lea
Post a Comment