Last night we had a few sad hearts at our Ladies Community Bible Study. For the past 10 weeks we've met every Thursday evening to study the book of Esther and it was time for it come to an end. By meeting together we've come to realize that as women we share a lot of the same desires, hurts, and yes we even share HOPE.
As one of the three facilitators for our group, I enjoyed getting to know these women better. To hear what drives them as well as sharing their application from what they had learned the week before. A motto I have tried hard to walk out and live for my own life with Christ is to love people right where they are at.
By being a facilitator I really stepped into the role of being a servant. As a servant for Christ, this study was not about me. I didn't write it, I didn't do hours and hours of research, but I must tell you the JOY I have received by serving these lovely women. The richest reward is hearing them share what they have learned and witness first hand some sadness as we departed.
Esther, It's Tough Being A Woman by Beth Moore has richly impacted our small community. We each recognize that we are women, GOD DESIGNED WOMEN, in OUR generation, for such a time as this. We all have a purpose and God's BEST is what we hunger for.
In the early quiet hours this morning, I decided to move into Galatians. The last two studies I've participated in has been the Old Testament and I FIRMLY believe we need both testaments. Yet it was time to meet with Jesus Christ this morning, in His word. I came away so blessed from this small book of 6 chapters, but something that just keeps floating in my thoughts is Galatians 5:6b NIV "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
Last weekend you might recall that our daughter and granddaughter were with us and what a delightful time we had. On Saturday evening Abigail was making us birthday invitations and writing little notes to us as she had found my stack of sticky notes. She is 4 1/2 so you can just imagine the scribbles, along with her name written beautifully! But the profound thing is Sunday morning I shared with Abigail that I was going to use my sticky note in my bible for a book mark. I also said to her that Grandma really needed to know what it said, could she please tell me. "Grandma, it says, Help the Lord God and Love and Forgiveness."
Girlfriends, is that not a profound statement from a little gal that hasn't been in church for some time now. Her parents say it is so hard with little brother trying to juggle everything, Nolan will be 2 in June. But more importantly how true are her words? Aren't you and I conduits for Christ, and by being so aren't we helping Him? Doesn't Christ call us to love and to forgive?
Father God, thank You for speaking through the mouths of little children. Thank You for placing a heart of love in me to love You and to love others. Father, I truly believe that love is the best, it covers all, it heals. May I think upon whatever is true, noble, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. I love You Lord God and I thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda Rogers
Higher Grounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
That is absolutely precious. Oh, that we would come to our Jesus as little children.
XO Melinda
Your granddaughter's words are so precious.
And loving people right where they are at. . .I struggle with this. I find myself having thoughts that are not very compassionate at times. Boy, what would I do if people didn't love me where I'm at? I've certainly got a lot of work to do myself.
And this Esther study. . .I've read on many blogs that people are doing this study and that hearts and lives are being changed. I will definitely be looking into this one as a possibility for our next study.
Thank you!
:)
Help the Lord God and love and forgiveness...
THAT JUST BLESSED ME ALL OVER YOLANDA!
AND THE LITTLE CHILD WILL LEAD THEM
;)
"Grandma, it says, Help the Lord God and Love and Forgiveness."
That is absolutely beautiful. She's a treasurer for sure.
So glad for the good conclusion to Esther. We're at the half way point and looking forward to a strong finish. Being a facilitator is hard work, Yolanda. Don't sell yourself short. I've been doing it for 5 years; glad to do it, but always glad for a breather when it's over.
Yes, use those sticky notes for Bible bookmarks. My Bible is crammed with all kinds of kid drawings, etc.
Precious thoughts.
Happy weekend to you.
peace~elaine
precious!
Yolanda, just this evening waiting on the street car, I prayed and said to God., "I want to be a compassionate person Lord. Give me a heart of compassion. Help me to love people, not judge and criticize them."
That was my prayer. I am not sure what brought it on but I so desire to love unconditionally with the love of the Lord.
I know that we all love 1 Corinthians 13 and read it all the time, but just recently I looked at the last verse of chapter 12 and saw that Paul said, "And yet I will show you the most excellent way."
Love is the greatest.
Thank you for sharing.
Vickie
Out of the mouths of babes!! How precious! And what a wonderful grandma! She is seeing God work in and thorugh you,sweet friend. Love the scripture from Galations!!
Enjoy the day!!
Hugs,
Susan
Oh the Word of God, the Love of God and the fellowship of believers journeying together. God is so good to us! His love at time overwhelms me! :-)
Blessings - Lisa
Oh - I can't wait to start Esther next Wed. morning with another group. I am taking a short break from teaching - and sitting under another facilitator for this study!
My daughter in FL has been doing it and every week she asks if I started it yet - so she can talk about it with me. So far I've had to keep her quiet!!! But she said, "Oh Mom, THIS one is the most relevent one yet for all ages and really puts things into perspective."
I already love the book of Esther -so I can't wait to start it. I know God has something really special for each of us.
Elaine is right - don't sell yourself short on being a facilitator. It is hard - committed - work.
And your precious granddaughter's words were right from the heart of God! Love and forgiveness sums it all up! The CROSS!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Time to FLY]
I love the book of Esther. I firmly believe, like you, that we need to study both the Old and the New Testaments. There is much to be learned from both.
How precious is your granddaughter? You are blessed.
Have a lovely day!
Margie :)
We need to have the faith of little children don't we?
Aren't grandyoungins the best?
I can't believe that y'all are through with Esther! We are still in week 3!
I have spent most of the day getting my notes ready for tomorrow and week 3 is packed with so much stuff. But it is so good. so eye opening.
Have a great night friend,
Beth
Our Bible study group is halfway through Esther now and I'm already dreading it being over! :(
This is my first time to be a facilitator and also my first time to do a Bible study with a group. I LOVE it! I feel so blessed to have been asked to lead this study.
Your granddaughter is a good example of what Jesus said in Matthes 21: 16...."Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?"
God bless you!
Marilyn
Thank you for visiting my blog Yolanda! Yesterday, as I was washing my hubby's uniforms (another job I tend to grumble about, because they wrinkle soooo easy) I decided to pray for him as he works this week, wearing his uniforms! I prayed for his protection, for wisdom in dealing with people and problems that come up, for his transition to a new computer system to go smoothly, etc. It's amazing how much easier these tasks are, as I do them with a thankful heart, it really makes you see the job in a different way, makes me grateful for the hard working hubby I have, and all that he does for me, you know I realized washing his work clothes is the LEAST I can do for him as he cheerfully goes to work each day to provide for me!
Tee hee! I think I'll start a Grateful Hearts Club!
Post a Comment