Please, I know there are readers of Higher Grounds that did not vote the way I did, and this is not about who you or I voted for, but this is setting the tone for where God has me the past couple of days.
What I am getting at is how QUICKLY we take our eyes off of Jesus, or how QUICKLY we place them on Him. There is always a gimmick in our world, not just our nation! What is the gimmick about? The latest and greatest. New and improved. Throw out the old and toss in the new. I'm right and your wrong.
I know for me, God has really been pressing in and it hasn't been a fun time of refining. NOT FUN, do you grasp what I'm telling you Girlfriends and Guy friends? This refining is between my God and me. Convictions not condemnations. In the process of not swaying from the TRUTH of God's word, I have been placed in a situation with someone that I dearly love. I do NOT like hurting others, it is not my new nature, but an obedient heart to God is where I am today.
I want to encourage you that it is vital in the days we are living to be in God's word, to know His truth for yourself. That way when the enemy sneaks in to try to sway you a different direction, you can get in his face and say....NO NOT ON MY WATCH! I will NOT let you have my life. I will NOT let you have my family. I will NOT let you have my joy, my peace, my love for Christ Jesus. I will NOT let you have my marriage, I will NOT let you have my.....get it?
Stay true to the ONE TRUE GOD. Do not be swayed!
"If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town stray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known), then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you" Deuteronomy 13:12-14 NIV
God's Word preaches on it's own. I am not adding to or subtracting from. By no means am I calling any one wicked....but God's Word is pretty black and white.
"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below." Exodus 20:2-4 NIV
Father, You are God. You brought me out of slavery and gave me freedom. You are MY God. I desire to be found connected to the Vine*. I need Your guidance each and every day Father, to not make an idol, not follow after idols, and to stay TRUE TO YOU AND YOUR WORD. Lord, direct my steps. In the saving name, the One and Only saving Name....Jesus Christ. Amen.
*John 15:5-8* But actually all of John 15 is full of promises and truths, and I encourage you to grab your own bible and seek for yourselves.*
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. "
Lovingly as I reach for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
12 comments:
Hi Mrs. Yolanda, I stumbled across your blog from The LPM Blog and I'm so glad I moseyed on over. Your post today is very true. We MUST know the Word of God for ourselves, and not only know it, but believe it and live it! His Word is so refreshing and vital to our lives. Honestly, if I skip too many days of reading/studying, I become dehydrated and begin to develop a thirst that only a drink of His Truth can satisfy.
I didn't have the opportunity to read your testimony, but I will do so on my next "visit." By the way, I believe I have the same journal you used in your header photo. :)
Blessings & Joy,
Truly Tina
Hi, friend,
I hope the "situation" with your loved one is giving way to peace. I know how difficult it can be to let the word convict. Love covers so much, and I know you have such a loving heart.
He will be heard through you, friend.
Love to you,
Laura
Awesome post, girlfriend! I love the John 15 scripture! I will be praying for your situation...stay grounded!
Have y'all gotten any rain or snow?
Hugs,
Susan
Yolanda
I can relate to how hard it is to stand up for what is right and TRUTH when it involves possibly going against something concerning someone you love. Been there. Done that. Not fun! But neccessary!!
May God bless you as you stand for Truth!
Marilyn
Psalm 81:10
I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
I think he may have already filled it!!!
Ask for the words-there will not be a conflict when he fills your mouth!
Love ya
Tessa
I needed this Yolanda. Feeling a bit dried up and under attack myself over here.
I have prayed for your situation.
God bless!!
Sometimes even though it is hard, we must give people the truth. I have been in that situation many times recently, as so many people are turning AWAY from God's Word and embracing false god's and false religions, thinking and believing that they are following the one true God. But they aren't. They are being deceived. Why? Because they do not KNOW God's Word. Anything new that comes down the road that sounds good, or easy, or new, and they are jumping on the band wagon. I have been so discouraged lately because of watching so many people going in that direction. But we need to give them the truth, pray for them, and be ENcouraged, because God said this would happen in the last days. We may be going home soon and that is exciting and encouraging!
Have a lovely day!
Margie
Oh, yes my friend. We have to stay in the Word and stay faithful. It is a crazy world we are living in and I think it is just beginning. We need to hold fast to the Truth and keep our faces toward God.
Thanks for this great post sweet Yolanda!
Beth
Yolanda, I love your heart and your willingness to speak out for Jesus. Thank you again for this post!
We're in John 15 this week in our journey with Jesus workbook. It really is good to have God's peace during these times and to Abide everyday all day...
Hey Yolanda,
I stand along side you Yolada...
I'm on guard
and ON WATCH.
Jesus is LORD!
Holykisses,
Lea
Oh, my heart has been convicted of this so many times since being a Christian. . .to know His truth for myself. And while I KNOW His truth, I don't have many scripture verses readily available in the forefront of my mind.
So that is something I've been working on. . .in the Word daily and trying to memorize as well.
Wonderful post, Yolanda.
Post a Comment