Monday, March 23, 2009

Take a moment and look around



This afternoon is just glorious, there is a breeze, the waves are gentle, children are playing in the pool and we relish this time away from home. Time to rest, refresh and rekindle a spoken as well as an unspoken love that exists between the two of us.


As I sit here, I think about how each time that I truly slow down and become much more aware of God, just how much bigger He becomes. As I ventured down to the beach a few days ago, I said to my Man, can you imagine being told that your descendants will be as numerous as the sands on the seashore. Just where we sit, the grains of sand are mind boggling. Genesis 22:17a NIV "I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore." God speaking to Abraham after his walk of faith in sacrificing his only son, Isaac.


Then I reflect upon how just about anytime I glance up to look out over the Pacific, I am blessed with either a whale's blow, a tail, or just a sliver of a back as it glides back under the water. God's magnificent creation.


This evening, I will join a group of women that have graciously allowed me into their lives the past few years each time we are here. As well as into their hearts to study God's word. Tonight we will gather for Esther Chapter 4. For such a time as this! This is a blessing from God as well, because these ladies help me in March and October to not be so homesick. And they encourage me so much when I am back at home, by phone calls and e-mails. Thank you ladies, thank you!!
**I added this picture after bible study tonight. YOU GIRLS ROCK!**

What is it that you recognize right now, as you read this and reflect, that is the hand of God?

Father, I praise You for how awesome You are. You spoke our world into existence. You breathed life into my body and brought my heart to life. I praise You for the blessings of vacation and a man that enjoys Your word as well as Your creation. Father, may we, may I....become more aware of You today, tomorrow and always. Thank You Lord Jesus. Amen.

Here is a sunset from one evening a few days ago:






Lovingly as I reach for Higher Grounds with Christ, Yolanda



**I would love to hear how you've recognized God's hand today!!!!**

7 comments:

Miss Janet said...

Hello! I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I'm glad that I did!

Isn't it wonderful when we can enjoy God? I'm so glad you are having a nice time.

I did have a beautiful day, yesterday. I had a friend over after church. After lunch, my husband rested and she and I went to a local park for a walk. We enjoyed the beauty all around us and talked about God all day!

Have a blessed evening.

Leah Adams said...

Oh my goodness...that sunset just slays me!! I want to come visit!

Leah

Beth Herring said...

Ok friend -i wish I was right there with ya! I am so glad that you found some girls to "Esther" with. We are in chapter 4 right now and it is so so good.

If we don't have a baby (my daughter) by the 30th, she goes in at 6 am that morning!! I am so excited!

Love ya - Beth

Anonymous said...

This morning...God went with me to the dentist...The numbing gel worked and the prick of the needle full of novicane was not the eye twitching, tear streaming twinge I remembered from the past...Simple things...Simple things...BIG GOD!

Love ya...Enjoy your visit...
Tessa :)

Miss Janet said...

Thank you so much for visiting me! Schoolhouse Rock can bring back so many memories!

I sure hope you are enjoying yourself and I know that you are enjoying God's beautiful creation!! I went to a muddy river yesterday and still enjoyed my Lord!

PTL!!!

P.S. I always enjoy a cup of java while I am on blogs!

TRUTH SHARER said...

What a precious group of women!! Oh how I would love to be there with you - not just for the sunset pictures - but to study God's Word together - it's my passion and JOY!

I have been seeing God's Hand as He has been calling me to "a life of prayer". Everywhere I turn in the last few days He's putting that in front of me.

3 years ago - I had virtually NO prayer life. Only God's Hand can move mountains to bring that about! His hand is evident all over our lives - we just need to pay attention to it!

Bless you for your words:
"I think about how each time that I truly slow down and become much more aware of God, just how much bigger He becomes."

THAT captures it all - my dear girl! Well said!

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]

Heather - On the Road... said...

Hi there,
I am so glad that you shared you pictures, as well as the fellowship you have while you are away.

Finding fellowship in places not always expected is so wonderful... and God's hand is always in it.
What a blessing.

I also wanted you to know, in case you haven't tried stopping by, I moved my blog from wordpress to blogger, including most of my posts, so my address i sign in with here is the right one!

God bless, and I will be back to visit soon!
Heather - On the road